Annual Asia Pacific Week, held by The Australian National University, is once again open for applications! Interested students from Youth Opportunities are invited to join this year in an online four-day conference.
Asia Pacific Week is an interdisciplinary conference for exemplary students and young professionals from all disciplines who are interested in tackling current and challenging issues facing Asia and the Pacific. They want individuals who can reimagine the possible; who are hungry for a deeper understanding of the region and who are committed to lead impactful lives. This year Asia Pacific Week is partnering with Youth Opportunities as their Official Outreach Partner.
This will be the second year that the APW Conference will be held online, to ensure that the Conference is accessible to all students globally. Students are invited to participate, meet and work alongside like-minded students from all over the world.
The theme for this year is “Unveiling layers of crises: learning from the past, reimagining the future.”
- Delegates will delve into previous and current crises affecting the region, guided by our eminent and cutting-edge panellists.
- Students will also enjoy a series of non-formal, practical events planned for fun and learning through doing.
- This year Asia Pacific Week is partnering with Youth Opportunities as Official Outreach Partner. In doing so, they will be waiving delegate fees for two Youth Opportunities delegates. Please see application details for more information on the application process for this.
Delegates must be undergraduate, postgraduate, or young professional.Eligible Regions: Open for all.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Delegate applications open at 9:00 am 29 March 2021 and close at 5:00 pm Friday 23 April 2021 (AEST).
- All applicants that tick ‘Youth Ops’ under the ‘how did you hear about us’ segment will automatically be eligible for a fee waiver.
- The two Youth Ops applicants who achieve the highest scores in the applicant marking process will be granted these fee waivers. Applicants will be scored on their ability to succinctly answer the questions, engage with relevant issues and ideas surrounding the Asia and Pacific regions, and present their unique personality in the ‘personality question.’
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link