The ASEAN Foundation is organising its 5th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2019 (5th AFMAM 2019) in Thailand. The 5th AFMAM 2019 targets students of tertiary education level from across ASEAN region to understand diplomacy and how decision makers of ASEAN Member States address regional issues at the various ASEAN meetings. For the first time, “ASEAN Plus” engagement is introduced in the AFMAM as the 5th AFMAM 2019 will involve “ASEAN Plus Australia” mechanisms. If selected, the candidates will get the opportunity to interact with their Australian fellow delegates in the simulations!
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The 5th AFMAM 2019 promises an authentic experience to understand ASEAN affairs and its relations with Australia in an “ASEAN Plus” framework. It is an interactive process where the students will role-play various levels of ASEAN and Australian officials engaging in various levels of meeting simulations. It will be an interesting and enjoyable experience!
ASEAN interested students are required to form a team of seven that comprises six students from tertiary education level as Team Members and one faculty/academic member as Team Advisor. All must be ASEAN nationals and same nationalities in the team. The role of the advisor will be to lead and guide his/her team. He/she also has to advise and coach his/her team along with providing constructive inputs for the improvement of AFMAM. Moreover, he/she will have to allocate time to participate in two or three online preparatory coaching sessions.
Teams comprising members and advisor from different universities/institutions, various academic backgrounds, and promoting gender balance are considered advantageous. Those from education institutions outside the capitals are encouraged to apply.
The 5th AFMAM 2019 will be running from 4 to 9 July 2019 in Thailand.
- Free registration/application
- Round trip air travel from the capital city of the country of origin to the venue in Thailand
- Accommodation and meals
- An exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience
- Enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma or undergraduate studies (or equivalent level) from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place
- Between 18 and 25 years of age when the programme takes place
- English proficient, verbal and written
- Faculty/academic member (lecturer or teaching assistant) of a department or faculty of a tertiary education institution in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place
- 25 years old or older on 1 July 2019
- English proficient, verbal and written
P.S. – The team members and team advisor have to be ASEAN Nationals studying in ASEAN countries
Eligible Regions: ASEAN countries
The application link an be found below. It is suggested that the applicants have all the following information and documents of all Team Members and Team Advisor ready at hand before starting data entry:
- Personal data
- Full face photo in soft copy
- Letter of recommendation from respective department/faculty/university/education institution for each. This is written in free format on letterhead paper signed by authorised officials of the institution verifying the following:
- For Team Members: name, department, faculty, and the current semester
- For Team Advisor: name and current status at the institution
- List of five most noteworthy personal achievements of each applicant (please share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- A Team’s essay on “The Role of ASEAN and Australian Youth in Advancing the ASEAN – Australia Friendly Relations” in not more than 500 words.
- The applicants are required to submit a 1.5-minute creative video which introduces each personnel (both Team Advisor and Team Members) along with their respective achievements. Post it at YouTube account of one of the team’s personnel and share the video link in the designated space in the application form.
Application Deadline: April 18, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link