Join the Africa Youth Camp 2020 in Accra, Ghana this year for the unique and amazing international experience with this leadership training program. The Global Youth Network (GYN) is accepting applications to participate in its African Youth Camp for emerging leaders.
The African Youth Camp is an experiential learning program designed for young people from different corners of Africa. It highlights cross-cultural exchange, self-exploration, leadership development, global friendship, collaboration, and youth empowerment.
The Camp will bring together more than 200 youth leaders and youth workers from a wide range of ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds from Africa.
The focus of the camp will be the development of competences of youth workers and exchange of practices of youth NGOs, social change agents, emerging leaders, and young entrepreneurs
The 5-day residential program presents an opportunity for holistic self-development, and leadership training through lectures, seminars, workshops, dialogues, and team-building activities related to the Sustainable development goals (SDGs), entrepreneurship, personal development, and leadership.
Guided by a dynamic team of staff, speakers and facilitators, campers will take part in an intensive formation process as well as fun and lively outdoor excursions throughout the week.
Creating community, inspiring today’s leaders for Africa’s sustainable development.
- Training Programs and educational seminars
- Excursion to tourist sites
- Working Groups
- Panel Discussions
- Extra-curricular activities offered include (but not limited to) indoor & outdoor games, yoga, team bonding sessions, cultural display plus travel and tour.
GYN does not offer scholarships or financial assistance for the African Youth Camp; however, they may provide cover letters to help you request funding from contacts and institutions.
- International exposure and an opportunity to network and interact with global leaders and like-minded young activists.
- An opportunity to become a member of the Global Youth Network
- Expand your horizon and develop your leadership and social skills through group activities.
- Get the chance to engage with other young people from various backgrounds.
- Expert sessions on relevant topics
- Funded fun trips to tourist sites in Ghana.
- Camp materials and Certificate of Participation.
- Should be aged between 18 and 35 years
- Citizen of an African Country
- Ability to fund your international travel cost and camp fees
- Demonstrate experience and strong capacity in community service and youth development.
- Interested in leadership and entrepreneurship for Africa’s sustainable development.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link