WILCanada 2018 will explore Canadian water leadership and innovation, focusing on the world’s largest freshwater system – the Great Lakes.
Waterlution’s global Water Innovation Labs are front-running, immersive leadership development experiences designed to accelerate collaborative innovation, fast-track global knowledge sharing and devise new innovations that improve water security for the planet, and support emerging leaders (20-35 yrs) to implement SDG targets connected to water in their organisations and projects. With leadership training at its core, WIL global experiences equip the next generation of young water researchers, policy-makers, and waterpreneurs with mindsets and skillsets for beyond 2020: collaboration, creativity, global-engagement, complex problem solving, and impact-oriented thinking. Their groundbreaking, cross-sector, cross-disciplinary approach has become a proven new model for global engagement, co-innovation leadership, and a catalyst for co-created change.
WILCanada 2018- At Queen’s Biology Station in Kingston ON with Regional Field Tours H20 Global Leaders Facilitation Training- September 11-14 (an optional addition to developing global water leadership facilitation skills)Water Innovation Lab Canada- September 14-21 WIL Canada 2018 will be bigger than most global WILs. Waterlution will offer H2O Global Leaders training over the first 3 days (Sept 11-14), followed by the Water Innovation Lab Canada for the next 7 days (Sept 14 – 21).
- Water Innovation Labs develop future water leaders to think holistically, design innovatively, and communicate effectively across cultures. By uniting young researchers, innovators, inventors, and entrepreneurs, WIL creates a platform to build new relationships, accelerate knowledge sharing, build transferable leadership skills, and co-develop potential solutions to water challenges across the globe.
- WIL is an opportunity to venture into the wild, offering inter-generational and cross-sectoral learning for an ‘on the ground’ level of collaboration between young leaders, mentors, and facilitators. You will connect directly with visionary resource experts in water treatment technologies, policy development, and community level water management who will share their global knowledge in the water sector. Wherever in the world, there is water, WIL exists to cultivate an unparalleled experience with facilitators and mentors that speak to each unique landscape. Our labs offer dynamic programming and challenge to ignite passion and spark innovative ideas and new skills to approach the future of water.
- In the 21st century, water will be the marker of how countries flourish or fail. WIL is a transformative opportunity to expand your thinking with a tangible experience of water projects and observing challenges firsthand.
- Everything about WIL is designed to bring to the surface new thinking and solutions that can be implemented once you return to your place of work. Bottom line: you will leave the program with invaluable new connections you can turn to in the years ahead. Furthermore, you will experience an unforgettable learning environment and opportunity for hands-on practice, helping you to embed your new skills and insights developed at the Lab. Oh, and by the way, you’ll have a blast!
- Are you 20-35 years old, passionate about water?
- Are you a graduate student, young professional or community leader with a focus on water?
- Do you have a water project, business idea, or artistic intervention that you would like to develop?
- Do you want to build your leadership skills and techniques around collaborative innovation*?
- Do you want to work alongside peers and industry experts and mentors to find solutions to challenging water problems and build an incredible global network?
Apply online through the given link.Apply nowOfficial link