Are you a youth leader from the Commonwealth aged between 18 and 29 years? Do you have experience in youth advocacy or development? Are you part of a youth serving organisation working for the engagement and empowerment of young people?
Register your interest in attending the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) by 20 March 2020 and make your voice heard.
CYF takes place from 20 to 23 June 2020. About 500 young leaders from 54 member countries will attend and build consensus on key challenges and opportunities facing young people.
- climate change
- gender equality
On 26 June, leaders will consider the proposed solutions at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
The youth leaders will explore the role of young people of the Commonwealth through four main sub themes, which are:
- Trade, Entrepreneurship, and Employment
Promoting youth employment and growth of trade opportunities.
- Technology and Innovation
Advancing common cyber future, sustainable urbanization and building commonwealth innovative ecosystem.
- Youth Development: Inclusive, Equitable, and Accessible Opportunities
Exploring strategies to develop youth through a holistic approach, building competencies and providing access to resources and opportunities.
- Governance and the Rule of Law: Youth Leadership in Decision-making
Understanding the concept of justice and the rule of law, ensuring young people’s participation in governance and decision making.
- Environment: Climate Change and Sustainable Blue Economies
Young people being at the forefront of response strategies, innovation and policy making concerning climate action and sustainable blue economies.
To attend the forum you must:
- be a Commonwealth citizen between the ages of 18 and 29
- have experience in youth advocacy or development; and
- represent a youth-led body, youth organisation or a special interest group (indigenous young people, young disabled people, rural youth, etc.)
Apply through the given website.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link