Youth international changes Association (YICA), is a Non Government Organisation that joins the intensifying campaign to eradicate the epidemiology of HIV infections in adolescents and young people by promoting voluntary HIV testing service as an essential service and entry point cornerstone for HIV prevention, care and treatment among adolescents and young people.
This initiative will use adolescents in-school and out of school young people to address the holistic manner through arts activities among the targeted groups that will underscore the impact of HIV on building a healthy young people society as an essential component in sustainable developments.
This is a new approach which will engage adolescents and young people to undertake Essay writing competition and Music competition for Young artists to promote voluntary HIV testing as a preventive intervention work whereby they will be agents of HIV Preventive Programmes.
YICA has organized a platform that will promote HIV testing through Essays, Poems and songs competition. It is a platform for the adolescents and young artists during the World AIDS Day this year.
While East African Countries are making good progress in the HIV response among adults, these countries are lagging behind in the response to protect adolescents and young adults counts as estimated one third (33%) of the population of East Africa are aged between 15-24 years. HIV prevalence among youth has not decreased in the past five years. Furthermore, the special needs of adolescents living with HIV (ALHIV) are not being met.
Adolescence is the growth phase where an individual makes the gradual transition from childhood to adulthood. Adolescents are people between 10 and 19 years of age. Adolescence is a phase of life that is defined differently across cultures. Economic hardship and lack of access to money or employment can lead adolescents to steal or take work in hazardous situations that increase health risks.
Adolescents are a heterogeneous/diverse group. Girls often face gender discrimination that affects food allocation, access to health care, adherence to care, the ability to negotiate safe sex, and opportunities for social and economic well being.
The project builds on past investments and on-going activities in multi-sectoral efforts to control the epidemic are succeeding, creating the possibility of an AIDS-free generation. Improved access to care and treatment has brought much relief and hope to thousands of People Living with HIV (PLHIV).
The project aim is to support East African Countries to attain the UNAIDS Fast Track Strategy ambitious targets to help end the AIDS epidemic of 90-90-90 by 2020 (90% of all people living with HIV know their HIV status, 90% of people who know their status have access to treatment and 90% of people on treatment have suppressed viral loads).
- BENEFITS ON ESSAY COMPETITION
- Publication of the final winners and Awards.
- After the whole process, the best three essays will be selected and their writers will be the winners.
- Winners will be announced during the celebration of World AIDS Day at Escape one in Dar es Salaam Tanzania (in the evening)
- The first winner will receive 300,000 Tshs, Second winner will receive 200,000 Tsh and the third winner 100,000 Tsh as the awards to their participation.
- All ten best participants obtained initially will gain the certificates.
- BENEFITS ON ARTISTS COMPETITION
- Publication of the best winners and awards
- After the whole process, the best three songs will selected and announced during the celebration of World HIV/AIDS day that will be held in Dar es salaam, Tanzania at Escape one in the evening.
- The first, second and third winner will receive 300,000 Tshs, 200,000 Tshs and 100,000 Tshs respectively.
- The awards will be separately to all two categories (male and female artists).
- ESSAY COMPETITION: The respondents should meet the following conditions-
- Be a citizen from east African countries (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan and Rwanda)
- Should be able to write an essay in English Language.
- Should have a valid email and mobile phone No.
- Your essay should be typed (Not hand written) with no more than five A4 pages, Font size: 12, and Font style: Times new roman
- Should be between 15 – 20 years old.
- ARTISTS COMPETITION: Applicants should meet the following conditions-
- The song (audio) should not take a duration of more than 5 minutes
- An applicant should be between 15 – 30 years old.
- Should be a citizen from east African countries (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan and Rwanda)
- YICA invites young writers, young journalists and all students from all parts of East African Countries to respond to an essay topic below;
- AS AN EAST AFRICAN LEADER HOW CAN YOU CONVICE EAST AFRICANS TO DO REGULAR HEALTH CHECKUPS ON HIV/AIDS TRANSIMISSION.
- How to apply and submit your essay
- Before the submission of your essay, REGISTER online through the Apply Now link to get your participation identification number (ID No)
- After registration, send your completed essay to y[email protected] and on the SUBJECT/TITLE write “ESSAY SUBMISSION ON HIV/AIDS COMPETITION“ and use an email that you used during your registration and on top of each page of your essay write your full name.
- Young music artists competition
- Young music artists are invited to compose a SONG that should base on the idea “ TO EMPHASIZE EAST AFRICANS TO DO REGULAR HEALTH CHECKUPS ON HIV TRANSMISSION AND THE ADVANTAGES OF KNOWING YOUR HIV STATUS.
- How to apply and submit your song (audio)
- Before the submission of your song (audio) register online through the Apply Now link to get your participation identification number (ID No)
- After registration, send your song (Audio) to [email protected], on SUBJECT write; ARTIST ON HIV/AIDS COMPETITION and use an email that you used during your registration and on top of each page of your essay write your full name.
NOTE: This competition is divided into two groups; male and female artists but the same conditions apply to both categories.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2019 (29 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link