The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
From 2020 on, EYA (European Youth Award) becomes part of WSA. The pan European initiative highlighting and encouraging purpose-driven digital entrepreneurship will be merged into WSA as WSA European Young Innovators. 2 become 1 – WSA and EYA merge to foster social sustainable impact, offer support and wider opportunities for young digital entrepreneurs globally.
- WSA Young Innovators Winners get a recognition seal as one of the top digital social impact solutions worldwide from entrepreneurs under 26 years of age.
- Invitation to WSA Global Congress 2022 (online or offline tbd),
- opportunity to pitch their solution to the Global Jury.
- Invitation to join WSA Community form more than 182 countries worldwide and possibility to take part in the upcoming opportunities by WSA and partner organizations.
- As well as their project profile on WSA website and promotion through WSA Social media and PR materials.
The WSA Young Innovators Award is an open call. The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1995).
- Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student or individual!
- The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1995).
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
The application procedure for the WSA & WSA Young Innovators requires detailed information on your product that you have to provide in the WSA Database.
- Please be short and precise and make your digital project easy to understand. Avoid too long sentences and complicated technical terms.
- Please fill in your application only in ENGLISH.
- Please make sure that the URL to your project/product and the e-mail you provided works!
- Please be aware that an international jury is evaluating your project. E.g. if your project cannot be downloaded from the playstore in some countries, please make sure that you give enough information, provide screenshots or a comprehensive presentation for the jurors.
- They advise to first do your application in a word document and then copy paste to the database for easier structuring.
- WSA tries to keep the application as short as possible, hence we advise to fill in all fields, even if they are not obligatory.
- Please read the Rules and Conditions section carefully before applying.
- By submission of a project, producers accept the Rules and Conditions of the WSA contest!
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021 (68 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link