“For my part, I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream.” -Vincent Van Gogh
To promote awareness of the vision problems individuals in third-world countries may face on a daily basis, due to their difficulty in accessing resources and care. To promote outreach in the youth community by allowing them to reflect on the topic of sight and its importance. To encourage youth to express their creativity, individuality and talents on a global stage.
Entries in each category will be split among two groups:
Group 1: Ages 10-14
Group 2: Ages 15-18
- Winners from each group and category will receive a $100 CAD prize, totaling to 4 winners overall
- Anybody between the age of 10 to 18 years old can submit.
- Only original, unpublished work can be accepted – The contest will be split into two categories:
Visual Arts: Photography/Artwork
- However, submissions including rants, essays, comics can all be submitted – as long as its appropriate, non-offensive and able to be published in an anthology!
- Every individual may submit up to two pieces, however, there may only be one submission in either the poetry/prose category and one submission in the artwork category
- It is highly encouraged that you do not just answer the prompts directly in an essay format. Incorporate the prompt into your work, whether it is a photo, a short story or a song. Use creativity to showcase yourself!
What Can Be Submitted:
Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. Original work must be submitted.
Digital Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. No images from Google Images. High resolution – minimum of 300 dpi is required for 8 inches by 10 inches or 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.
Photography: High resolution – minimum of 300 dpi is required for 8 inches by 10 inches or 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.
Writing: Maximum of 1000 words, typed, pdf.
Visual Arts: please attach an optional 100-word rationale.
- Submit your work through the link.
- All submissions will be accepted and free (as long as they are from youth under the age of 18).
- Once submission deadlines pass, a panel will judge entries keeping in mind their age.
- All selected individuals will be published in an anthology.
Application Deadline: September 10, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link