The “Shark Tank of Wellness” Competition offers university students the chance to compete for prizes totaling $10,000 plus a trip to Cesena, Italy. This unique global challenge will reward three students for their most innovative – and viable – ideas for the wellness industry.
The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition asks students to submit a future-focused, innovative wellness idea, product or service that has the potential to become a profitable business venture. Each individual or team is required to submit a 1-2 minute video and the Concept Submission Form detailing the concept.
We define the wellness industry broadly and are seeking innovations in sectors such as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more. The wellness industry is currently valued at over USD $3.7 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for students with great ideas!
Submissions will be accepted from March 1, 2018 through June 1, 2018. Three (3) top finalists will be selected from the submissions by the “Wellness Sharks,” played by wellness industry leaders, and announced on August 15, 2018. The three students and their professors will be flown to the 2018 Global Wellness Summit, October 6-8, 2018 in Cesena, Italy to present their ideas on stage to win their share of the $10,000 prize money.
- Three students will win a trip to Cesena, Italy to attend the 2018 Global Wellness Summit, an international gathering for the world’s top executives and visionaries in the wellness industry.
- Students and their professors are invited to take part in all Summit activities, including keynote presentations, roundtable discussions, panels, and social events, including the gala dinner on the final evening.
- Additionally, students will compete for their share of the $10,000 prize money by presenting their wellness ideas on stage to the “Wellness Sharks” (judges) and all Summit delegates (first place is awarded $5,000, second place $3,000, and third place $2,000).
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college and must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- If a team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, the team leader will be flown to Italy along with his/her professor or faculty advisor.
- The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition asks students to submit a future-focused, innovative wellness idea, product or service that has the potential to become a profitable business venture.
- Each individual or team is required to submit a 1-2 minute video and the Concept Submission Form detailing the concept.
- All students must register for the competition at the Global Wellness Summit website: www.globalwellnesssummit.com. Submissions must then be completed no later than June 1, 2018.
- Students must be working with a professor throughout the competition and is required to provide their name and email address upon registration.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link