Copernicus Masters invites you to apply for University Challenge 2021! Apply now!
The University Challenge is looking for students and research associates to compete for the chance to transform their bright ideas into successful commercial ventures. Seeking to bridge the gap between Earth observation (EO) research and entrepreneurship, this challenge is designed to offer a creative platform for developing the most cutting-edge ideas using EO data. In addition to establishing links to the world of business, the University Challenge increases the exposure and credibility of student-driven innovations at the global level. Those tasked with evaluating the solutions submitted will thus focus on creativity and market needs rather than technological maturity. Submissions are welcome in any relevant application field, including but not limited to:
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Protection
- Renewable Energies
Evaluation Criteria: Submissions to the University Challenge will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Copernicus Connection
- Technical Feasibility
- Project Sustainability
- Cash Prize: The winner will receive a cash prize of EUR 1,000.
- Consulting: Consulting package to develop the solution into a valid business case. Additionally, business qualification for one of the 21 ESA BICs (worth up to EUR 50,000).
- Satellite Data: Possibility to access EUR 10,000 worth of commercial datasets from the Copernicus Contributing Missions in the Copernicus Data Warehouse (financial support by COM).
- Overall Winner: EUR 10,000 if your concept gets selected as Copernicus Masters 2021 Overall Winner
- All innovators –Enterprises, scientific institutions
- Individuals of minimum 18 years of age, consortia or legal entities
- Universities, start-ups, SMEs and bigger companies, research organisations and associates from all around the globe are invited to join
- Register to their secure database by clicking on Apply Now
- Choose your partner challenge and enter all your details into the database
- Choose a Copernicus Prize. You can pick the Prize that best supports your business case, even if that is not your country of residence.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link