The THRIVE | Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge aims to identify and support top start-up and scale-up innovators driving the global transformation to climate-smart agriculture practices. The challenge aligns with Shell’s Powering Progress strategy and the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The fundamental goal of the challenge is to identify and promote innovations that help farmers to:
ENHANCE LAND: Solutions that promote carbon sequestration and avoid emissions while improving soil health.
CONNECT FARMS: Solutions to improve farm connectivity to access carbon markets and carbon financing.
MEASURE SOIL: Solutions that measure and quantify soil carbon, health, and greenhouse gas emissions.
The Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge is open to start-ups and scale-ups located around the world:
- Pre-seed to seed stage
- Start-ups will be screened based on:
- Novel – is the idea fundamentally different, disruptive, and unproven?
- Valuable – could the idea create substantial new value if it works?
- Doable – is there a plan to prove the concept quickly and affordably?
- Relevant – is the idea relevant to the future of climate-smart agriculture?
- Series A +
- Proven scalability of a base business and formalized business model
- A detailed plan outlining:
- Marketing reach
- Team structure
- Key product offering
The winners will receive::
- Up to $100,000 in funding to develop a proof of concept
- Considered or eligible for investment from Shell Ventures if investment criteria met
- Acceptance into the Shell GameChanger program with access to coaching and additional funding opportunities
- Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
- Potential pilot opportunities with Shell
- Brand recognition through THRIVE media and brand exposure across various channels
- Selected applicants will secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2024
- Access THRIVE’s extensive ecosystem of industry experts & receive focused startup coaching
- Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
If the applicant’s start-up or scale-up company fits with the challenge themes given on the website, they can apply.Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Use apply now link to apply through online application process.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2022 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link