WISE Prize for Education 2021 nomination period now open.
The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual or a team for an outstanding contribution to education at any level. The WISE Prize Laureate is announced at the Opening Plenary Session of the global biennial summit and receives the WISE Prize for Education medal and $500,000 (US) cash fund dedicated to growing their initiative.
The WISE Prize for Education was established in 2011 by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. It is the first distinction of its kind to recognize an individual or a team for an outstanding, world-class contribution to education. The WISE Prize for Education raises the status of education by giving it a similar reputation to other areas for which international prizes exist –such as literature, peace, and economics.
The WISE Prize for Education Laureates are inspirational role models for all those people who are concerned with building the future of education as the foundation for a more secure, flourishing, and sustainable world.
The WISE Prize is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting new projects or organization. The prize is aimed at recognizing the accomplishment of an individual or team in education and their potential in shaping the future of education. The 2021 WISE Prize for Education selection process only accepts nominations. Self-nominations will not be considered. Several nominations from different individuals may be submitted for the same individual, although this has no bearing on the judging process. The same nominators may submit several nominations for different individuals or team.
Potential WISE Prize for Education candidates can be researchers, education practitioners, policymakers, organization leaders and can belong to any education sector such as early childhood education, K-12, higher education, vocational training, differently-abled development, informal education, distance-based learning, education technology and lifelong learning.
- The WISE Prize Laureate is announced at the Opening Plenary Session of the global biennial summit, and receives the WISE Prize for Education medal along with $500,000 (US) cash fund dedicated to grow their initiative.
- The WISE Prize for Education celebrates and shares the laureate’s vision in building the future of education by providing the Laureate(s) tailored support over two years to scale their impact.
The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual or a team for an outstanding contribution to education. The achievements of the nominated individual or team should have had a significant and lasting impact upon education at any level and should demonstrate an inspiring and visionary approach. The nominee(s) should meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to Education: The nominee(s) has proven a continuous commitment to addressing education challenge(s) locally or internationally
- Positive Systemic Innovation: the nominee(s) is a catalyst for systemic change by creating innovative solutions to local or international education challenge(s).
- Leadership: the vision of the nominee(s) is not only innovative but contextually challenges the status quo. The nominee(s) is the driving force behind the project/organization not simply the director. The nominee has the energy and aspiration to continue growing the impact of his or her work.
- Sustainable Impact: the contribution of the nominee(s) generates positive and sustainable impact in the lives of the targeted beneficiaries. Shortlisted nominee(s) must clearly outline how the WISE Prize for Education will optimize, grow and scale their impact.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- The nominator should create an account and complete the nomination form available on the WISE online application system
- The nomination form should be completed in English. Any other language will not be considered.
- The nomination form should be submitted before the deadline as the system automatically closes by the timeline, and WISE does not accept nominations after the deadline, February 1, 2021.
- To prevent any accidental loss of information while completing the form, we encourage nominators to save at every step.
- The nominator should fill out all the required questions, the nomination cannot be submitted until all the required questions are completed.
- Each nomination requires two supporters; the two references should be individuals who have worked closely with the nominee from collaborating organizations, previous colleagues…etc. The WISE team will contact the supporters, the supporters SHOULD NOT send letters of the recommendation to WISE unless they are requested.
- WISE will contact the two supporters, kindly make sure that their details are up to date and correct.
- A confirmation email along with a PDF version of the nomination form will be sent to the nominator once the system has received the nomination.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021 (11 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link