Star Track is an innovative space rocket tournament organized by Noosphere for the fourth time. Students, postgraduate students, young scientists, rocket enthusiasts are invited to participate in the tournament.
Teams and individual StarTrack participants create and present scientific or practical projects in five areas to choose from:
- Near-orbital research solid-fueled vehicle complexes
- Near-orbit research vehicle complexes with liquid-fueled engines
- CanSat launch vehicles. CanSat machinery
- Payloads, science research and educational experiments of near-orbit launch vehicles
- Freestyle: aerospace technology and materials
In order to participate, teams should:
- submit an application by 29.10.2019;
- prepare task solutions and presentations;
- present their solution during the pitching session on the 2nd of November.
Award is 25,000 UAH (about $1,000)
The following groups of people are welcome:
- Postgraduate students
- Young scientists
- Rocketry enthusiasts
Every team should present and prove the idea and technical concept of their project.
In general, participants should complete the following tasks and requirements:
- DEFINE THE PURPOSE OF YOUR DEVELOPMENT
- PRESENT THE ENLARGED COMPILING OR OPERATING A PRINCIPAL SCHEME
- PRESENT THE COMPUTING OF TACTIC-TECHNICAL (FLIGHT TECHNICAL) CHARACTERISTICS, COMPARED TO EXISTING ANALOGUES
- PERFORM A TECHNICAL-ECONOMICAL IMPLEMENTATION ESTIMATION OF THE PROJECT
POINT THE POSSIBLE SOURCES OF MATERIALS, COMPONENTS AND EXISTING TECHNOLOGIES OF PRODUCING THE ROCKET PART
- VALIDATE THE EDUCATIONAL PART OF THE PROJECT
PRESENT THE DETAILED STAGES OF PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
CREATE THE PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT IN *.PPTX, *.PDF FORMATS
- up to 10 minutes for the public presentation
- up to 10 minutes for Q&A session with judges and audience
The presentation and additional materials should be gathered on the separate folder on USB disc.
Participants should warn organizers beforehand in case of presenting self-made programming products.
Naturals-sized and other models of launch vehicles should be presented in the fireproof and explosion-proof state. Models shouldn’t be dangerous for participants and attenders.
Participants should warn organizers beforehand in case of necessity to demonstrate system functionality on practice.
Judges score the project according to the score anonymous principle. The score for each criterion is formed by the direct average of every judge scorecard.
The results are published with all the details by an average score for every criterion
5 pointsTEAMWORK SCOREduring all the stages of project implementation.
10pointsAPPLICABILITY OF THE PROJECT
20pointsTHE QUALITY OF DATA PROCESSING
10pointsCOMPLETENESS AND QUALITY OF TECHNOLOGY DOCUMENTS
Judges score the documents in the team’s dashboard. Judges are allowed not to score the paper documents.
20 pointsTHE MEANINGFULLNESS AND RELEVANCE OF THE PROJECT CONCLUSIONSIncluding the deepness of analysis of negative experience.
10 pointsTHE QUALITY OF INSTALLING AND SETUP
5 pointsPRESENTING AND AUDIENCE INTERACTION SKILLS
20 pointsIDEA UNIQUENESS and practical value of the project
Application Deadline: October 29, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link