Invitation to enter The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021 is open!
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is the world’s oldest international writing competition for schools, established in 1883. With thousands of young people taking part each year, it is an important way to recognize achievement, elevate youth voices and develop key skills through creative writing.
For 2021 the Competition theme is “Community in the Commonwealth”. With the global spread of COVID-19, the world has seen the lives of many Commonwealth citizens affected. However, through adversity, societies came together and stories of growth, community and hope continue to emerge.
The Society has a rich history of nurturing the creative talents of young people around the Commonwealth and they endeavor to promote literacy, expression, and creativity by celebrating excellence and imagination.
Benefits of the competition include:
- One Winner and Runner Up will be chosen from each category.
- Winners and Runners Up (accompanied by one adult/guardian) will be brought to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony.
- A number of Gold Finalist, Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be given in both the Senior and Junior categories, rewarding excellence in writing.
- All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The Competition invites all young Commonwealth citizens and residents, regardless of region, education or background, to share ideas, celebrate their story and have their voice heard.
- Residents of non-Commonwealth countries whose entries are submitted through their local RCS branch are also eligible.
Eligible Regions: Commonwealth countries
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021 (9 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link