Bio-Art contest is the cultural event for science and art to figure out the beauty of our life and to project this beauty to the artwork. Medicinal Bioconvergence Research Center (Biocon) and Seoulin BioScience started to hold “Bio-Art Contest” from 2013, and this is the 8th year event for Bio-art contest.
For the bioscientists, the contest is a time for thinking back to their own studies and to have creative time to think about the value of their research. It is an opportunity for the general public to become interested in bioscience, which would be the framework for further contests. This effort makes science-friendly to the public!
Virus and Human
The rapidly spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus is terrifying people all over the world. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused us a lot of material and social damage, but it has also given us the opportunity to reconsider what we have taken for granted.
The Earth has already warned us through various infectious diseases such as SARS and MERS, and COVID-19, maybe it is the last signal from the Earth to mankind. We realized so painfully from this experience that the counterattack of the virus begins with the destruction of balance with nature caused by human selfishness.
Any country cannot fight alone with the spread of COVID-19 all over the world. In the face of threats of overwhelming Pandemic around the world, we must stop raging against each other, such as racism, religious conflicts, and confrontations between nations. The international community needs to be more united, cooperative, and active in communicating with each other than ever before.
They feel the need to overcome sorrow and crisis, and they wish to host the 8th Bio-Art International Contest on the theme of “Virus and Human”. They look forward to taking time to think about humanity and to heal and sympathize with each other through the works of many messages.
There are four categories: Digital Photography, Microscope photography, Computer graphics and Video clip
- Grand Prize (1 individual or team): certificate + Prize of 3,000,000 KRW
- Main Prize (3 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate + Prize 1,000,000 KRW
- Runner-up Prize (10 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate + Prize 300,000 KRW
- Participation Prize (20 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate
- Your art will be part of an exhibition from October 8th to 15th 2020 at Gwacheon Citizen Center (South Korea)
Open to individuals and groups (maximum of 4 members).Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Submit and upload the file on the contest website.
- Consult with the organizer if you want to submit your own special work.
- In case of fine art (painting, drawing etc.), it can be submitted as well, if it can be scanned in high quality to meet image specifications above.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link