The Teamakers Guest House Competition is a collaboration with Latvian teamakers Ozolini, who draw on generations of knowledge and experience to create unique mixtures of herbal teas. Ozolini owner’s Brigita and Dima Lukini are opening their doors to those looking to escape the non-stop pace of the city and retreat back to nature.
Surrounded by forest and its very own Lake Bezdibenė, the Teamakers Guest House is an ideal location for guests to restore their connection with nature. Often collaborating with meditation and eco-fitness retreats for visitors from countries around the world, Ozolini also hosts summer camps in which the secrets of medicinal herbs can be explored, and various self-awareness workshops take place.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The Teamakers Guest House is planned for construction on the site of a stone barn and would need to include not only accommodation for guests, but also an inventive and eco-friendly use of the space for guests to participate in tea-making workshops, meditation, and yoga.
The jury are looking for the Teamakers Guest House to act as an example of green building practices. Participants are tasked with focusing on eco-friendly and cost-effective methods to create an impressive multipurpose space that will further encourage ecotourism in the region.
Winner of the Teamakers Guest House Competition will win prize money along with international art and design media coverage and will be featured on the Bee Breeders website and social pages. Bee Breeders will also acknowledge the outstanding performance of all winners an honourable mentions with Certificates of Achievement.
No professional qualification is required. Competition is open to all.
- 1st prize US $3,000
- 2nd prize US $1,500
- 3rd prize US $500
- Certificate of Achievement
- BB STUDENT AWARD US $500
- BB GREEN AWARD US $500
- The winners will get international art and design media coverage and will be featured on the Bee Breeders website and social pages.
- Bee Breeders will also acknowledge the outstanding performance of all winners an honorable mentions with Certificates of Achievement.
- Competition is open to all. No professional qualification is required
- Design proposals can be developed individually or by teams (4 team members maximum)
- Correspondence with organizers must be conducted in English
- All information submitted by participants must be in English
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link