Are you a young leader residing in China or Germany with a vision for collaboration between the two countries? Submit your essay to the Sino-German Initiative Essay Competition by April 15 for a chance to win a place at OYW 2021.
The Sino-German Initiative engages business, academic and other leaders of society to shape the Sino-German agenda through economic, technological and cultural exchange. SGI works to create a constant dialogue between Germany and China to promote trade, spur research & development, and tackle global issues with an open-minded and multilateral approach, providing for more stability and understanding, particularly, in times of crisis.
Sino-German partnerships both in the public and private sector have wide-ranging implications for the future of trade, tech, climate and the world order at large. Given this reality, it is critical young people’s perspectives are highlighted and given a platform on the matter. The Sino-German Initiative Essay Competition challenges young leaders around the world to share their vision for the future of collaboration between China and Germany.
All essays will be reviewed by One Young World according to the essay competition mark scheme. A final shortlist of submissions will be reviewed by an external panel of experts who will select two winners.
- Delegate Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 which takes place in Munich, Germany from 22 – 25 July.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit
- Travel to and from Munich
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner from 22 to 25 July 2021
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke Sino-German Initiative programming around the organisation’s participation in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, and participation in a meeting of Sino-German influencers.
- Nationals or residents of Germany or China.
- Young leaders able to offer strong insights into the future of Sino-German relations based on their professional or academic experience.
- Aged 18 – 30*
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.Eligible Regions: Nationals or residents of Germany or China
- Apply online through the given link.
- Word limit: 800 words. This word count does not include references, citations or a bibliography.
- Language: All essays must be submitted in English
- Originality & References: If using research or borrowing ideas and information, please use your preferred method of referencing so as to ensure your work does not risk being flagged for plagiarism. Any plagiarised essays will be disqualified from the competition.
- Questions: All essays must provide a response to one of the following questions.
- With reference to examples, discuss how further Sino-German cooperation could facilitate the pursuit of ambitious Climate Policies.
- With reference to examples, explore how improved Sino-German partnerships could enhance technological innovations around smart cities or intelligent transportation.
- With reference to examples, identify and evaluate how further Sino-German collaboration could lead to a cap or substantial decrease in carbon emissions.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021 (4 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link