Call for Submission: SICAB Poster Contest 2019. ANCCE summons this contest to select the poster that will announce the 29th edition of the International Purebred Spanish Horse Fair, SICAB 2019.
The main objective of this contest is to have extraordinary advertising impact and be eye-catching as is expected for the poster announcing an event such as SICAB.
The National Purebred Spanish Horse Breeders’ Association, (Asociación Nacional de Criadores de Caballos de Pura Raza Española) and commonly known as ANCCE, is the mother association for the Purebred Spanish Horse throughout the world. Likewise, ANCCE has been officially recognized by Spain’s Ministry of Agriculture to handle the PRE Stud Book and thus, guarantee the purity of this century-old breed.
Ever since ANCCE was founded, in 1972, the role that it plays when defending the Purebred Spanish Horse has been essential. It has been a national organization from the very beginning and is located in the city of Sevilla. Today, its membership numbers more than 1000 breeders, who are from all over the world. In addition to these, members include 41 Associations from such countries as the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia, France, Italy, Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Holland, Czech Republic, Sweden, among many others.
In 1991, to promote and defend the breed, an international trade fair was created in which the Purebred Spanish Horse was the epicentre. This idea arose during the African Horse Sickness crisis and has gone on to become the International Horse Fair. SICAB, with 25 years of experience, has become the reference event for the PRE horse at both national and international level. This year, the latest innovation is the incorporation of the World PRE Championship into the equestrian sports program.
ANCCE is the main organizer of the Tribunals for Qualified Breeding Stock and the Young Horse Selection Test for Dressage, all within the scope of the PRE Breeding Program. Likewise, ANCCE represents the PRE before COPA-COGECA (Committee of Professional Agricultural Organizations in the EU) and the WBFSH (World Breeders Federation of Sports Horses). It also designs annual promotional plans for ICEX (Spain’s Institute for Foreign Trade) and EXTENDA (Andalusian Agency for External Promotion).
The following awards have been established:
- €3000 will be provided for first place and the winning poster.
- €1000 for each of the two runners-up.
The corresponding taxes shall be deducted from the award money.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- It must not have been presented at any other contests and no part of the work or the actual work may be copied or a plagiarized from other work by the same artist or any other.
- Authors are responsible before ANCCE and any third party to comply with the rules established herein.
- Any and all artists interested in participating and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, either citizens of Spain or any other country, as an individual or as a team.
- The painting technique is optional (oil, acrylic, mixed, etc.) but retouched or made with digital means or photographic reproductions are not accepted. Work may be on canvas or wood, mounted, in both cases, on a frame. The format shall be vertical, with a size of 100 x 70 cm. Also, a 100 x 73 cm. format is acceptable, as it is the standard frame size.
- In the work, the author shall not include logos of any type nor anagrams; however, in the composition, he/she may (as seen appropriate) include the ANCCE and SICAB anagrams in the adaptation of the image for the various supports. Likewise, ANCCE reserves the right to insert, in the winning poster, the brands and/or logos of possible sponsors and/or collaborators.
- ANCCE shall include the following text in the adaptation of the material to be reproduced: SICAB 2019: International PRE Trade Fair – Sevilla – World PRE Championship, date of the event and the logos of sponsors and collaborators.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link