ReDefine Next 100 challenges young leaders to think outside the box, and look at the world through the lens of opportunity, promoting the use of technology and innovation to address global challenges. In 2018, from over 600 applications and more than 50 countries, GARI invited 13 ReDefiners to Prague to create innovative and unique proposals across wildly different domains. One team proposed a way to change the International Remittance System, another team provided a new way to manage energy flows, while the third proposed the creation of a database to help revamp the agriculture industry. The organizers had delegates from the US, Uganda, Iran, El Salvador and Mexico as well as Russia and Germany. This is an unparalleled opportunity for young leaders committed to making a real impact on society through technology and innovation.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The organizer will evaluate candidate’s application based on their passion, experience and potential in innovation & technology and how it can be applied in their chosen field/topic of engagement/project and candidate’s passion for innovative, cross-disciplinary critical thinking. Knowledge of candidate’s chosen topic and the relevance of their active engagement will be assessed. It is encouraged that candidates show how their activities have had an impact or to articulate the potential impact of their proposed project. Candidate’s role as a representative of an organisation, other youth or community, and their leadership experience or potential will also be evaluated. The originality of the idea and depth of suggested solution to challenge will be judged as well.
The organizers are looking for cross-disciplinarity, innovative/new approaches, and out-of-the-box thinking and ideas that bring together both the fields of technology (data science, innovation, digitalisation, AI, etc.) and the fields of the social sciences (economy, politics, society, environment, natural sciences, etc.) Submitting a video is not mandatory, if candidates don’t want to, it won’t disqualify their application, however, it is recommended to do so, as it most certainly will help it.
- Debate with global leaders, actors, and stakeholders at the Next 100 Symposium.
- The winning ReDefiner teams will present at the Next 100 Symposium and speak on a high-level panel discussion along with key leaders in the field.
- Team members will have the opportunity to present challenging ideas to the audience and engage with key global actors, including governments and international organization delegations.
- Each panel addresses one of the N100 topic areas. The top ReDefiner teams will be chosen to speak on one of these N100 Areas.
- In addition to speaking in the symposium’s highest-level debates, members of the top three teams will have the opportunity to participate in other sessions to help shape the agenda of N100.
Applicants must be:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 at the time of the program (September – November 2019)
- Students of higher education (Bachelor, Masters, PhD) or individuals who have left their formal education no later than 5 years prior to applying.
- Applications are open to young adults from all around the world, without restriction of nationality, however, they must have access to a good internet connection to attend the mentoring sessions and work collaboratively on the teams.
- Applications must be submitted in English. The candidate must have mandatory intermediate, or preferably high level of English, and be able to speak clearly and comprehensively in English.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in ReDefine Next 100 2019 in Prague (Czech Republic) from September 6 – 12 and November 14 – 22.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link