Without uttering a single word, artists can enlighten, educate and affect change around the world. Embracing Our Differences invites you to participate in creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated. Become a part of this exciting change through your visual art submission to the annual Embracing Our Differences international competition.
Featuring 45 billboard-size images, each work of art is created by local, national and international artists reflecting their interpretation of our theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.”
The 2019 exhibit will be displayed from January 19 through March 14, 2019, in Bayfront Park in downtown Sarasota.
- A total of $3,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards – $1,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult” and “Best-in-Show Student”
- The “People’s Choice” award will be determined by visitors to the exhibit.
- Artists, professionals, amateurs, students
- National and international submissions are encouraged.
- Participants must be at least 13 years of age
- Please review the “Frequently Asked Questions” section in the official site for full details on all technical requirements for submitting your art
- Your art may be any size and medium; however to submit digitally requires a digital file of your art which is capable of being uploaded to our server;
- Your art must be horizontal in orientation which means that it must be wider than it is tall – submissions that do not meet this requirement will be disqualified
- Please label your digital art file with the “title” and your name
- Your digital file must be a high resolution image of no less than 300 dpi
- Your digital file must be less than 400 MB in size
- Include a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you
- If making more than one submission online, you will need to create a separate entry for each one
- Teachers may complete and submit art on behalf of their students and, at their option, substitute their personal or school contact information for that of their student(s).
Submission by Mail:
- See the official website to see details on how to submit art by mail.
- Send submissions to: Embracing Our Differences
PO Box 2559
Sarasota, FL 34230-2559 USA
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link