Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 believes that each new life comes with potential and a promise. Thus, as one of the mega-events of Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020, “OIC Knowledge Master” could offer the youth a great platform to showcase their knowledge and skill as well as offer them the opportunity to connect and buildup networks with their global counterparts to build a resilient and sustainable future for all.
One of the main difficulties the youth face nowadays is making the right decisions fast. Being able to make the right decisions fast could save them a lot of time which they could use in shaping the decisions better afterward. To break this stiffness and help the youth making most of their time during this COVID-19 pandemic, the OIC Knowledge Master quiz competition is going to be organized in participation with the youth of the OIC Member States and representatives from the Muslim communities of the non-OIC Member States. This competition will also help to address our Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s call to engage youths with decision-making, ideas, and innovations to build a resilient and sustainable future for all.
This year’s celebrations come at a time when the whole world is fighting one common enemy, the COVID-19 pandemic where youths have been the most affected in this crisis situation as they are the most active stakeholders in the society in terms of productivity, mobility, and interaction, so this COVID-19 crisis is disruptive in terms of their lifestyle and prospects for their future. With most educational institutions being closed and with restrictions on travel, physical activity, and mass gatherings, postponement of events, etc., the impact of COVID-19 has had major implications for all youths, especially the students. These implications can have commensurate psychological consequences. To help the students deal with these challenges as well as to polish up their Critical Thinking skills and help them develop a healthy and competitive mind, the “OIC Knowledge Master” quiz competition will completely take place online to connect the youths from all over the world.
The competition will take place in two layers:
The Quiz Competition will take place through the following rounds:
- Qualifying Round: 100+ (144) participants will be selected for the Qualifying Round, commemorating the 100th Birth Anniversary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Selection will be made based on registrants’ data/information submission quality and/or lottery (if needed).
- Group Round: The Main Stage of the competition will start with this round where a total number of 72 participants will participate in 24 groups. Each group will consist of 3 participants. Top 24 participants from 24 groups will qualify for the Quarter Final round.
- Quarter Final: Top 24 participants from the Group Round will be divided into 8 groups with each group consisting 3 participants each. The top 8 participants from 8 groups will qualify for the Semi Finals.
- Semi Final: Top 8 participants from the Quarter Finals will compete in the Semi Finals. The top 4 will make the Final!
- Final: Top 4 participants from the competition will face off each other in the final.
QUIZ SUBJECTS & TOPICS:
- General Knowledge
- Solar System
- World History
- Islamic Studies
- Religious Affairs
- Human Behavior
- Current Affairs
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- Arts & Culture
- Arts Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Computer Science
- Medical Science
- Environment Science
- Literary Science
- Analytical Ability
- Logical and Brainteasers
- Bangabandhu & Bangladesh
- Bangladesh’s Liberation War
- Bangladesh’s History in Popular Culture
- Historic Sites in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu and His Patriotism
- Bangabandhu’s Contribution to the Great Liberation War (Bangabandhu and Independence)
- Speech of Bangabandhu
- Bangabandhu’s Leadership Lessons
- Wars and Conflicts
- Famous People
- Geography and Landscape
- Bands and Music
- Business Studies
- Managing Technology & Innovation
- Corporate Responsibility, Ethics & Accountability
- 1st Prize – 2500 USD
- 2nd Prize – 2000 USD
- 3rd Prize – 1500 USD
- Citizens from all over the world
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity
- Aged between 18–35
- Has sound knowledge and interest in quiz competitions
Interested participants must register themselves for the competition through the web at the official website by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021 (6 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link