Nominations are open for 2017 Green Star Awards, a joint initiative between Green Cross International (GCI), the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Prevention and Preparedness: The efforts to increase awareness of communities, disaster responders, governments and industries on the impacts of environmental emergencies, to prevent environmental emergencies, and to improve preparedness for future disasters by building capacity at various levels.
- Response: The efforts to ensure that effective and timely responses are provided in case of environmental emergency.
- Environment and Humanitarian Actions: The efforts to consider environmental issues as part of a holistic response effort, by ensuring that environmental considerations are duly integrated in the humanitarian programme cycle – including strategy development, contingency planning, resource mobilization, performance monitoring and evaluation.
Green Star Awards is to recognize individuals, organizations, governments and companies who demonstrate achievements in preventing, preparing for and responding to environmental emergencies as well as to integrate environment in humanitarian action across the world.
Individuals, organizations, governments and companies are eligible to apply for the awards.Eligible Regions: Open for All
Nominations for the Green Star Awards are accepted no later than 30 April 2017:
- by filling out this form;
- by email to [email protected];
- or by mail to:
Green Star Awards
Joint UNEP/OCHA Environment Unit
Palais des Nations- bureau S-225
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link