Are you an Agtech entrepreneur? Do you have a solution for one of the problems facing African agriculture? Do you want to connect with professionals in plant nutrition and farming? Would you like to be more actively engaged in the transformation of African agriculture at a time when we need to produce more, more efficiently?
If so, then do not wait any longer!
Apply now to the African Agtech Showcase co-organized by the International Fertilizer Association (IFA) and Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P).
Innovation is positioning African agricultural systems for a productive and sustainable future. In light of this transformation process, the International Fertilizer Association (IFA) and Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) today launched the Africa Agtech Startup Showcase.
This international contest is open to entrepreneurs offering innovative responses to the challenges facing African agriculture to showcase their solutions to the plant nutrition industry. The IFA and UM6P judges will evaluate applications based on the competition criteria including impact, innovation and applicability to African smallholder farmers. Final selection will take place in May 2023 at the IFA Annual Conference, the largest gathering of the fertilizer industry, and the winning startup will receive a €20,000 prize.
Startups from around the world are invited to apply online in one of the following five categories:
- Soil health and plant nutrition solutions to protect and improve soil fertility as well as adaptive mechanisms for nutrient release and plant uptake.
- Advisory and information services for farmers to improve crop yield and quality as well as farm profitability.
- Market access solutions that enable African smallholder farmers to reach off-takers or end consumers as well as suppliers of seeds, fertilizers, equipment and crop protection products.
- Supply chain services for farmers, agribusinesses and cooperatives to better manage their relationships.
- Financial services for African smallholder farmers, including savings, payments, credit, insurance and crowdfunding services.
- Networking : Enjoy privileged access to a network of professionals and experts in the fertilizer industry
- Visibility: Benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to showcase your startup’s solution at the IFA annual conference
- Monetary prize: The winning startup will be awarded a prize of € 20,000.
To be eligible, startups must meet the following criteria:
- The startup already has a minimum viable product (MVP).
- The startup has received less than € 20 million in funding since its establishment from external sources and is less than 10 years old.
- The startup provides an innovative solution to improve crop yield and quality, improve soil health, improve nutrient management performance, or facilitate market access.
- The product or service is operational or has been demonstrated.
- The startup is already active on the African continent or has strong potential to solve one of the continent’s agricultural challenges.
- Application deadline: End of November 2022
- To participate in the challenge, please complete the online questionnaire.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges composed of representatives from UM6P and IFA and its member companies.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link