Nominations are accepted for ICIMOD Mountain Prize 2020.
The ICIMOD Mountain Prize is awarded every year to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) or beyond, which has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development, outreach, or conserving cultural identity in the HKH region to benefit the environment or communities—particularly the poor, youth, or women.
Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have advanced the mountain cause in the HKH through innovations in their various capacities, and brought about positive tangible change on the ground.
ICIMOD issues a first call for nominations in June of every year. It awards the Prize and Honorable Mentions to the deserving nominees on December 11 (International Mountain Day).
A commission for the ICIMOD Mountain Prize will judge the submitted nominations and may invite appraisals by external experts to decide on the winner of the Prize. They may contact the nominator, nominee and referee(s) for more information.
The commission will pick the winner of the prize and Honorable Mentions based on the following criteria:
- demonstrable impact
- degree of importance given to gender equity and social inclusion
- scalability/sustainability in the mountain context
- Nomination process: 19 June – 15 August 2020
- Selection process: 15 August – 15 November 2020
- Result announcement: 11 December 2020
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is an intergovernmental knowledge and learning centre working on behalf of the people of the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH). They are based in Kathmandu, Nepal and work in and for eight regional member countries – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan.
The prize is currently set at USD 2,500.
- Any individual, organization, or private sector entity that has done outstanding work in the field of sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH is eligible for the prize and can be nominated (hereafter referred to as ‘nominee’).
- The nominee must have made a demonstrable impact on sustainable mountain development. While they would like to particularly acknowledge the efforts of individuals or entities that have worked in line with ICIMOD’s mandate, this is not a pre-condition for the award.
- Please note: application is also open to storytellers, photographers, filmmakers, and artists.
Nominate through the given link.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link