Call for Entries for the annual ICAW Poster Contest 2019!
The International Compost Awareness Week Committee invites YOU to get involved in ICAW 2019. We’re looking for anyone interested in participating in our 17th Annual Poster Contest. The winning poster will be used to promote International Compost Awareness Week, May 5 -11, 2019.
The contest runs from September 1 until November 5, 2018 and is open to anyone who wishes to share their artistic creativity to promote this year’s theme. The winning poster will serve as the promotional piece to share nationwide the 2019 International Compost Awareness Week theme. We invite municipal, facility or state agency representatives, industry professionals, students, youth groups, commercial composters, green industry businesses, gardeners, environmentalists, EVERYONE, to join in the fun Whether or not you have celebrated or been involved in ICAW in the past, we want you to participate this year. The contest is open to anyone ten years old and up from anywhere in the world.
The 2019 ICAW theme, “Cool the Climate – Compost!” recognizes the connection between soil health and the climate. Soil plays an important role in our environment. Healthy soil is at the heart of planetary, agricultural and human health. This year’s theme highlights that soil management practices with compost is key to soil health and migrating climate change. By composting, we return nutrients to the soil, help capture carbon from the atmosphere, resist drought and disease and provide fresh air.
Close to 300 people, age ten and above from over 30 countries, entered last year’s contest. They would like to thank all the talented people who took the time to create so many amazing designs and who care about promoting compost and sustainability.
The contest begins on September 1, 2018 and continues until November 5, 2018.
This is YOUR opportunity to display your creative talent and show your belief in composting and in the benefits of using compost!
- The poster contest winner will have his/her poster reproduced and distributed to thousands nationwide.
- It will be the official 2019 International Compost Awareness Week poster and featured on the CCREF website as well as on the US Composting Council website too.
- The winning “poster artist” will have his/her name posted on the CCREF website and will be included on all print material and in any press releases in association with their annual ICAW celebration.
- The successful poster winner will receive a $500 prize.
- The contest is open to anyone from ten years old to adult.
- There are 3 contest divisions: grades 3-7, grades 8-12, and college – adult.
- The best from each division will be entered into the final contest. The winning design will be chosen before the end of the year.
- The three top-rated posters in each division will be put to an online vote for USCC members and CCREF supporters; the overall winner will receive a $500 prize.
There are three divisions for participation. These are:
- Grades 3 to 7
- Grades 8 to 12
- College students and adults
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
- You must complete the online entry form application and checklist, and submit your poster online.
- Please include a short paragraph on why you chose to participate in ICAW 2019 and explanation of your poster concept.
- Please read the Poster Contest Rules before submitting your application form with your poster design.
- Please read before you enter and make sure your poster has everything it needs.
- Only one entry per person
- Size is no more than 12” wide X 18” high
- Resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format
- Poster contains the theme title, Cool the Climate – Compost!
- Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week, May 5 – 11, 2019
- Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme title and International Compost Awareness Week, May 5 – 11, 2019 are allowed.
- If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo.
Application Deadline: November 5, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link