Apply to the HVAC innovation challenge by SKM and get the chance to win up to $15,000 prize plus commercialization support for your project.
The HVAC Innovation Challenge is the challenge to contribute to the HVAC industry, society, & environment. SKM is looking for papers, ideas, and solutions in the HVAC field to tackle the industry challenges innovatively as well as apply new ideas to optimize HVAC systems.
SKM Air Conditioning LLC is one of the leading manufacturers of Air Conditioning Equipment in the Gulf. SKM offers a broad portfolio of premium international quality products that have performed efficiently in various geographic locations. They are proud to have highly competent Research & Development team and Testing laboratories recognized by international third party authorities and ISO 17025 certified by Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC).
- Track 1: Enhancing the performance of air conditioning equipment by implementing new solutions
- Track 2: Utilization of renewable energy in air conditioning systems
- Track 3: Introducing air conditioning equipment for agriculture applications (for indoor planting) suitable for high temperature and humidity regions.
- Track 4: Utilization of 3D printing technology in the HVAC Industry
- Track 5: Using nonmetallic parts/ casings for air conditioning equipment
- Track 6: Air conditioning system solutions for open areas in high humidity climate
- Track 7: Implementation of CFD and other simulation software to enhance the performance of air conditioning equipment
- Track 8: Utilization of heat losses from air conditioning equipment
- Track 9: Using new techniques in the manufacturing of Air conditioning equipment
- Track 10: Solutions for enhancing corrosion resistance
- General Track: Other solutions related to HVAC apply.
- 1st place: $15,000, plus commercialization support
- 2nd place: $10,000, plus commercialization support
- 3rd place: 5 winners to get commercialization support for their projects
Anyone with engineering educational/vocational background can apply.Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Apply Online through the given link.
- You will be required to describe the problem you are solving, your idea/ solution, and which track you are applying to.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link