Imagine waking up seeing the nature up close and closing your day listening to songs that makes you feel united with nature. It’s time for you to join us in UM iCamp 2018. UM iCamp is a part of the continued efforts of Universitas Negeri Malang, Indonesia to enhance global education. The program was initiated to provide overseas college students with hands-on opportunities to learn Indonesian language and experience the cultural and academic life in Indonesia.
This intensive program consists of classroom sessions, socio-cultural sessions, and field trips to cultural and historical venues. Through the sessions, international students will have opportunities to better understand the dynamic aspects of Indonesian society in the past, present, and future.
UM iCamp offers a firsthand Indonesian cultural immersion with a variety of fun activities such as Angklung workshop, traditional music course, Nusantara traditional game workshop, shopping to Pasar Tradisional, workshop on Indonesian culinary, Malang City tour, Udheng workshop, Nusantara Dance workshop.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program (August 20, 2018)
- Be enrolled in higher education institution
- Have successfully completed at least one semester of college or university courses
- No application fee
- No program fee
- Students are to cover their own travels (flight tickets), insurance, immigration documents, and any personal needs. (Letter of Sponsorship is provided in case to find support from other institutions or parties upon request)
- Prepare the following essays:
- Your motivation in applying for the program (what knowledge you seek to gain, and how UM iCamp program would benefit from your attendance (max. 500 words)
- Your personal experiences in school or your community as it relates to the previous short essay (max. 500 words)
- Your traits, uniqueness or specialties that makes you the most suitable candidate for the program (max. 500 words)
- Prepare the following files:
- A Passport Size Photo
- A scan of your passport
- Fill out the application form in the given link.
- Wait for the confirmation email that you have successfully filled the form.
Application Deadline: June 23, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link