Applications are now open for “UK-ASEAN Partnerships and Exchanges Baseline Research Grant” 2021. The program aims to facilitate the production of high-quality research in Official Development Assistance (ODA) contexts that is relevant to international education and national policymaking. It also encourages the establishment and maintenance of active research links between the UK and ASEAN higher education institutions.
The Grant aims to fund research study that will assess the quality and quantity of existing partnerships and exchanges in tertiary education sector (higher and further education, skills, science and research) between UK and ASEAN + 3 countries and territories. Through the scheme, The grant authority is expecting to improve access to high quality and relevant research from the UK for tertiary education policymakers and professionals worldwide.
- proposals from UK higher educational institutions (Lead Institution). A Principal Applicant will make the application on behalf of the Lead Institution.
- proposals which include engagement of local HEIs in the ASEAN countries2.
- proposals which will engage ASEAN affiliated education body or regional or international education organization or consortium.
- collaborative proposals (proposals from academic faculty from more than one
university and/or proposals from a university and a third sector organization).
- The proposal must clearly demonstrate:
- methodology and approach in designing and carrying out the baseline research
- how data gathered will be used to craft recommendations on UK-ASEAN partnerships initiatives including trilateral partnerships and exchanges between UK and +3 countries (China, Japan and Korea) which are expected to deliver societal and/or economic development outcomes in an ODA3 country in ASEAN.
- plan how to engage relevant UK and ASEAN stakeholders and potential participants/users/beneficiaries of the research in order to maximize the potential of this research project to have positive impact beyond the duration of the Grant
- how the research and dissemination activities can be carried from 5 February 2021 to 6 August 2022.
- Proposal should be able to outline how the research and its outputs respond to the purpose of the Grant including how it will contribute to understanding international education in ODA contexts.
- The grant of £250,000 will be awarded to a single UK institution to carry out this research.
- Resulting papers will be published as part of the British Council Research Papers series online.
- Any person resident in the UK with an affiliation to a UK higher educational institution can apply.
- The award agreement will be with the institution and not with an individual.
- Although the applicant must be resident in the UK, the research may, in whole or in part, take place outside the UK or by persons not resident in the UK.
- Different departments within a single institution can apply provided that the proposed activities are clearly different and that each is led by separate lead applicants (Principal Applicants).
To apply applicants must complete the following documents and send to “[email protected]”.
- Grant Application Form
- Researcher’s CV
- Budget Form
Applicants are responsible for ensuring they complete the form fully and correctly.
NB: For getting the Grant Application form and Budget form visit the official website.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link