The Blue Grants Fund #4 is now OPEN!
The Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust (SeyCCAT) has launched its fourth call for proposals under the Blue Grants Fund (BGF). It is now inviting applications for funds through a competitive “Request for Proposals” process. This year, SeyCCAT finances projects that fall under any of the three strategic objectives:
- Strategic Objective 1: Support new and existing marine and coastal protected areas and sustainable use zones
- Strategic Objective 2: Empower the fisheries sector with robust science and know-how to improve governance, sustainability, value and market options.
- Strategic Objective 5: Trial and nurture business models to secure the sustainable development of Seychelles’ blue economy.
SeyCCAT strategically invests in ocean stakeholders to generate new learning, bold action and sustainable blue prosperity in Seychelles.
These projects are designed and delivered by a range of partners through either:
- Small-medium grants up to SCR 100,000. These grants will be awarded on the basis of an approved concept note. The maximum duration of grant awards is 12 months for a small-medium grant.
- Large grants between SCR 100,000 and SCR 1,000,000. These grants will be short-listed on the basis of the concept note (stage 1), and then awarded on the basis of a full proposal (stage 2). The maximum duration of grant awards is 24 months for a large grant.
- SeyCCAT’s funds aims to be as open and accessible to all Seychellois. The following categories may submit a proposal to SeyCCAT.
- Any locally-registered NGO
- Parastatal organisation
- government department or agency
- or citizen of Seychelles.
- Proposers must have legally existed and operated in the Seychelles for a minimum of one year.
- They encourage applications from partnerships and consortia that can demonstrate a shared vision and appreciation of inter-organisational competencies required to achieve a successful project.
- They actively seek to support “creative collaborations.” Overseas-based organisations are not eligible, although proposals from and led by eligible local organisations may include overseas-based partners. The Board of Directors may decide to restrict the participation of any of the above classes of persons or organisations in any RFP, and this shall be indicated in the scope of each specific RFP.
- Proposers are required to include details of qualifications and experience to ensure that sound judgment can be made concerning the proposer’s ability to deliver the project.
- Proposals must also be compliant with Environmental and Social Safeguards applied by SeyCCAT.
- Apply through the given link.
- You must submit all the documents, you can also attach them on the online platform:
- The Concept Note
- Simple Budget for the application using the SeyCCAT template (required for online platform)
- SeyCCAT-itemised-Budget using the SeyCCAT Template
- Relevant attachments
Application Deadline: August 10, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link