Nigeria faces an increasing ‘youth bulge’ with a youth population currently standing at 123.4 million, approximately 63 per cent of the population. The United Nations (UN) predicts that by 2050, Nigeria will be the third-largest population in the world. While increased population could potentially offer the country key human capital for development, millions of Nigerian children and youth remain uneducated or poorly educated.
Lack of education and in instances where education is available, low quality is associated with increased youth unemployment, which is currently estimated at 42 per cent. Like most developing countries, violence, unemployment, poverty, and limited future opportunities continue to threaten the youth in Nigeria. The challenges of youth unemployment and underemployment, if not urgently addressed, will continue to increase socio-economic exclusion, migration and political tensions.
What innovative solutions do you have around these four key areas affecting young people and the socio-economic development of Nigeria? The key areas are:
- Peace and Security
- Training and Support on youth activism, youth mobilisation, media and information literacy, etc.
- Opportunity to lead a funded project with support and resources to help you achieve success.
- Opportunity to achieve your dream of creating meaningful social change in Nigeria with a team of passionate young people.
- Monthly stipend and opportunity to travel within Nigeria.
- Young man or woman between 18 and 35 years who are passionate about any of these thematic areas of the Program; Education, Employment, Governance, Peace and Security
- Applicants can be students, initiators of a socially focused organisation or freelancers, but must commit at least 20 hours per week to the Program.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Program activities, including implementation of community projects within the duration of the Program.
- Applicants must show leadership potentials and work and interact with other young people across different cities.
- Applicants must be residents in any of these three Nigerian states; Abuja, Lagos or Enugu.
- Follow the apply now link for the application form.
- Please follow the official link for further details.
Application Deadline: September 26, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link