Spencer Small Research Grants 2018 is accepting applications.The Spencer Foundation aims to support research projects that focus on education. The mission is the improvement of education, broadly conceived. The Small Research Grants program was introduced to serve this purpose. The program helps projects that are capable of improving education. These grants can have a wide range of topics and disciplines, including education, psychology, sociology, economics, history, and anthropology.
The Spencer Foundation was founded by Lyle M. Spencer in 1962. The organization started granting in 1971 and since then has given nearly $500 million of grant. The organization was established with the goal to investigate ways in which education, as broadly conceived, can be improved across the globe. The foundation has been dedicated to the belief that research is necessary to improve education. The Foundation, thus, works relentlessly to support high-quality investigation of education through various research programs. They have strengthened and renewed the educational research community through their fellowships and related activity for about 5 decades.
The majority of small grant proposals that are funded by the Foundation are “field-initiated” in the sense that they are not submitted in response to a Request for Proposal (RFP). In the past, they have requested that proposals within the Small Grants program be submitted within one of the areas of inquiry listed below.
- The Relation between Education and Social Opportunity
- Teaching, Learning, and Instructional Resources
- The New Civics
- Organizational Learning in Schools, School Systems, and Higher Education Systems
- Purposes and Values of Education
Spencer Small Research Grants 2018 will provide up to $50,000 to the winners.
- Principal Investigators and Co-Principal Investigators applying for a research grant must have a doctorate or appropriate experience in an education research-related profession.
- The Principal Investigators must be affiliated with a college, university, school district, non-profit research facility, or non-profit cultural institution that is willing to serve as the fiscal agent if the grant is awarded.
- Grants will not be given directly to individuals.
- The proposal must be submitted in English and the budget has to be in USD.
- Small Research Grant budgets may not include indirect costs.
- Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator must submit one proposal and hold one active research grant.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 2, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link