The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) believes in equipping, enabling and inspiring young changemakers like you to scale your social enterprises. The Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Global is a six-month programme that inspires, equips, and enables youth of different nationalities to scale up their social enterprises in Singapore and beyond.
Since 2010, YSE Global has nurtured a network of youth with innovative business models focused on social good. Together with established social entrepreneurs, business consultants and investors, we harness the power of ideas, know-how and resources to effect positive change for a better world.
The YSE Global spans six months, comprising the following components: an in-person YSE Global Workshop in Singapore, four-month remote mentorship, monthly capacity-building sessions and the Pitching for Change event finale where up to six teams can receive funding of up to S$20,000 to start or scale up their social enterprise.
- Join an international network of changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Gain access to industry experts and professionals for mentorship.
- Broaden perspectives on social entrepreneurship through capacity-building opportunities to connect, network and learn from key players in the social enterprise landscape.
- Start or scale up your social enterprise with funding up to S$20,000.
- If you are between the ages of 18 and 35 years old, you are eligible to apply. The YSE Global is open to
participants of all nationalities.
- Yes! We are looking for young changemakers with great ideas that harness enterprise solutions for social issues.
- You do not need to have an incorporated/registered social enterprise before applying. If you have a viable idea or are in the early stages of building your enterprise, we want to hear from you!
- Individuals can apply but we highly encourage you to form a team. Having more than one member for your social enterprise allows you to maximise the benefits of teamwork and support as the work grows.
- You are welcome to apply. Our programme is designed to best suit the needs of seed to early-stage
enterprises. The selection process will also take into consideration the stage of development of your social enterprise, and whether you would be able to fully benefit from what the programme offers.
- We would still encourage you and/or your team to re-apply as you may have changes to your social
enterprise since then. We do have cases of YSE alumni who have re-applied and were successfully shortlisted for YSE Global.
- We strongly recommend that you submit only one application comprising the social enterprise idea that you are committed to.
- We welcome social enterprises addressing social issues of any sector or industry to apply. However, the
programme will strongly consider social enterprises with an environmental focus and/or digital-related
- It is not necessary for your operations to be carried out in Singapore.
- We only accept applications in English.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Click on the ‘Submit An Entry’ button to begin
- You will be directed to a login page to complete your ‘Entrant Profile’ ; Each submission only requires one entrant profile
- Once logged-in, start your application
- You can save your draft entries on the platform and come back to continue working on it later.
- Applicants are required to pay an application fee of S$10 to submit your application successfully.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link