The Monash Warwick Alliance PhD Travel Grant is a fantastic opportunity to connect with academics and fellow research students across the globe, expand your network, generate and share new ideas, and enhance your professional and personal development.
This short-term travel grant scheme aims to help build research connections between Monash and Warwick, as well as enhance and bring international dimension to your own research project, without requiring a long-term commitment to studying abroad. This could include accessing facilities or resources not available at your home institution, participating in research workshops e.g. to prepare a co-publication, or presenting your research at a conference.
- Warwick PhD students will receive £2000; and
- Funds awarded may be used for reasonable travel expenses in accordance with each university’s finance policies and procedures
- You must be currently enrolled on a PhD course;
- You must have successfully completed your upgrade;
- You are yet to submit your thesis for examination;
- You must remain enrolled for the duration of the travel period;
- Maximum duration is 10 weeks;
- All travel must be within 12 months of the application submission deadline (refer to Important Dates section below)
- You must have the support of your main supervisor and host supervisor; and
- You must not have previously received this grant.
- Warwick PhD students speak with their supervisor to identify a host supervisor at Monash and plan the visit.
- The Monash host supervisor must complete a Visitor Request in REX in accordance with the University Visitors Procedure.
- Monash HR will assess the request and provide a formal invitation letter which will include relevant details on the appropriate visa.
- Students apply for the Monash Warwick Alliance PhD Travel Grant via the Application Form from the Apply Now link, once they have an offer from Monash
- A project code will be allocated to each student. Academic departments will record spend against this code. Additional budget will be vired to academic departments as an increase in their approved expenditure for the relevant year. All activity relating to this project should be allocated to this project code.
- Students are responsible for obtaining the necessary visa and any associated costs, such as insurance.
- Upon completion of the trip, a travel report must be submitted to the Alliance Project Team.
- Acknowledge in the thesis the support received from the Monash Warwick Alliance PhD Travel Grant.
|Application Deadline||Outcomes Announced||Confirmation of Acceptance (by student)|
|1 November 2019||29 November 2019||13 December 2019|
|31 January 2020||28 February 2020||13 March 2020|
|29 May 2020||26 June 2020||10 July 2020|
Application Deadline: May 29, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link