The #ResearchforChange grant is an initiative of VERBI Software that aims to support researchers, research projects, and networks. The grant provides financial support and methodological training for early career researchers whose work aims to investigate, support and raise awareness of empowerment initiatives.
As a contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #5 ‘Gender Equality’, they dedicate this year’s MAXQDA #ResearchforChange grants program to the empowerment of women and girls in the areas of economic, social, political, cultural, legal and environmental participation. In recognition of the indispensable role of equal participation of men and women in all dimensions of development, we at VERBI GmbH want to support young scientists conducting research in this area with 3 Research Grants totaling $1,650.00 each.
A one-time $1,000.00 cash scholarship (in the currency of your home banking institution). A free two-year license for MAXQDA Analytics Pro (min. $350.00 value).Conducted by a Certified MAXQDA Trainer (up to $300.00 value).VIP customer service from the MAXQDA technical support.Participation in the MAXQDA Community. Your research will be featured on the MAXQDA website and social media.
- A one-time $1,000.00 cash scholarship (in the currency of your home banking institution).
- A free two-year license for MAXQDA Analytics Pro (min. $350.00 value).
- Conducted by a Certified MAXQDA Trainer (up to $300.00 value).
- VIP customer service from the MAXQDA technical support.
- Participation in the MAXQDA Community.
- Your research will be featured on the MAXQDA website and social media.
- The applicant must currently be an early career scientist: an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters/PhD) student or a scientist who received their highest educational degree within the past 3 years.
- The applicant must be conducting or intending to conduct qualitative or mixed-methods research focused on womens’ and girls’ empowerment in the areas of political participation, peace and conflict, economic participation, social development, health, environment, human rights, or other related areas.
- The applicant uses or intends to use MAXQDA to analyze their research data. Knowledge of MAXQDA is not required but is an advantage in the application process.
- The applicant must be willing to submit one research report or research blog article (700-1000 words) in English to VERBI Software GmbH and complete the necessary edits with the MAXQDA team.
- VERBI Software GmbH employees, Professional MAXQDA Trainers, and previous MAXQDA Research Grant recipients are not eligible to apply.
They are accepting online applications until 11:59 pm, July 15, 2022. Applicants must complete the online application form in English and upload the following documents:
- Research expose including the section on motivation (max. 1000 words) as one PDF file. The research proposal should:
- identify concise research goal(s)
- address the research question(s) in a sound theoretical and methodological way
- entail a detailed methodology section with a data analysis plan using MAXQDA
- contain a realistic and manageable work plan
- elaborate on your motivation to participate in the MAXQDA Research Grants Program 2022
- Professional/Academic Resume/CV as a PDF file
Acceptance of the MAXQDA Scholarship requires that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The research project shall be carried out according to the highest ethical standards of research.
- Grant receivers should conduct a 30-min online public presentation of their research for the MAXQDA user community.
- Grant receivers must also submit 3-5 high-resolution images showing the field research or research context, grant receivers’ photography and their analysis work with MAXQDA. VERBI Software GmbH has the full right to publish the material on different platforms without time limit. Please note: VERBI Software GmbH may use the name, description of the research project, and submitted image of the scholarship holder for their online and offline marketing materials.
- The two training sessions must be redeemed by March 1st, 2023.
- If the above conditions are violated or the research project is prematurely terminated, VERBI Software GmbH reserves the right to terminate the contract and reclaim the financial support already provided. The repayment must be made within 3 months.
- VERBI Software GmbH processes the personal data (name, address, bank details, e-mail, telephone number) of the grant recipient exclusively for the purposes of the grant. The basis for data processing is thus Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Further information on data protection and your data protection rights can be found at https://www.maxqda.com/privacy-online-forms
- German law shall apply to the scholarship conditions. The agreed place of jurisdiction is Berlin.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2022 (12 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link