WFP’s Innovation Accelerator identifies nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. They support WFP innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The Accelerator believes the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. It is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger – a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
- Receive up to 100,000 USD in funding.
- Through the regular boot camps and 3-6 month sprint programme, high-potential social enterprises will get access to
- Financial support
- Access to the world’s largest humanitarian organisation
- WFP’s operations, partners and technical experts
- If you are a start-up, company or NGO…
- Your start-up, company or NGO must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
If you are WFP staff…
- Your team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.