Birimian and the Institut Français de la Mode are supporting African emerging designers through a unique accelerator program for young creative brands based on the African continent or in the diaspora. For the first edition, IFM-Birimian Accelerator x Africa will support 10 emerging designers selected for their talent, creativity, connection to the African heritage and capacity to upscale, with the expertise of a creative board composed of industry experts.
The selected designers and brands are offered personalized assistance, coaching advisory services for the development of their company by a dedicated team of professionals and industry experts, in the main areas of expertise required for a young creative company: brand identity, offer, distribution, production, image and communication, budget and financing.
The objective: nurture talent and accelerate the growth of African designers through capacity-building.
- The definition of the project and of its positioning, the structuring of collections, retail strategy, communication policy, financial monitoring.
- Collection building, distribution, communication, financial resources and teams. To set up operational working tools such as collection planning, general sales conditions, treasury framework, communication framework.
- To step back in order to gain perspective in relation to day-to-day pace and exchange with other designers/labels going through similar situations.
- Elevation of international standards and strenghtening of technical and operational competences through luxury and fashion experts mentoring.
- Exposure to the international creative scene (supporting applications to prestigious and strategic prizes and collaboration opportunities).
- A potential lead-in to preparing business plans/financing arrangements.
- Potential investment from Birimian.
- A label with African roots and heritage that has existed for at least 3 seasons
- An annual sales figure of over USD 50,000 excluding tax and a positive result
- An early reputation established with influencers and tangible activity on social media
- If possible, having already established a team, tandem with a designer and another person in charge of sales, management.
- Creative talent and drive to move forward
- Apply online through the Apply Now Link.
- The application requires CV, lookbook and pitch deck.
- Each application will be reviewed by a creative board of industry experts
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link
For Further QueriesFor more information, contact the official site.
Disclaimer: Youth Opportunities spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.