Apply now for the 2021 Future For Nature (FFN) Awards!
Are you a young (35 years or younger), talented, and energetic nature conservationist committed to protecting species of wild animals and plants? Do you combine passion with action to create concrete results in nature conservation? Don’t hesitate to apply for the 2021 FFN Awards!
Each year Future For Nature awards 3 young, talented, and ambitious nature conservationists through the Future For Nature Awards.
Do you know someone who deserves to be honored with this Award? Please bring the FFN Awards to his/her attention!
The Future For Nature Foundation (FFN) supports young, talented, and ambitious nature conservationists committed to protecting species of wild animals and plants. They believe in the power of the individual. Therefore, they select a new generation of nature conservationists who they believe make the difference for the future of nature. Natural leaders who inspire and with their drive and ‘stubbornness’ achieve impressive results. Annually, they put three of these promising young people in the spotlight.
From all over the world young nature conservations (up to 35 years old) apply for this prize. The National Selection Committee, consisting of experienced nature conservationists from the Netherlands, chooses six to ten nominees from all the applicants. Subsequently, an International Selection Committee of renowned nature conservationists selects the three winners.
- Receive €50,000 for their nature conservation project
- Gain international recognition for their work
- Receive the handcrafted FFN Award during the annual ceremony in the Netherlands
- Join the growing FFN Family of young nature conservationists
- Winners will present their work at the Future For Nature Award event at Royal Burgers’ Zoo in Arnhem, the Netherlands. The event will take place in May 2021. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the Future For Nature Foundation.
- The candidate:
- Must be born on or after the 31st May 1985 and before the 31st of May 2002.
- Has achieved substantial and long-term benefit to the conservation status of one or more animal or plant species.
- Has demonstrated commitment, determination and passion for conservation work.
- Has demonstrated leadership, entrepreneurship and a clear view on conservation work.
- Has been creative and innovative in his/her work.
- Has demonstrated to be honourable in the conservation work performed.
- Must be determined to continue his/her conservation work, as the Award aims to stimulate the winner’s future work. It is not an “end of career” prize.
- Is able to explain his/her conservation work in proficient English (written and spoken).
- The award should be used for a conservation initiative of the winner’s own choice and implemented by him/her.
- The award should be used for the conservation of animal or plant species. The conservation initiative can involve a component of (fundamental) research, but this should not be the main focus. The relevance of the proposed activities to species conservation and the practical impact should be made clear.
- Future For Nature will not allow administrative deductions to be made or claimed by mother organisations.
- From all applications, 6 to 10 nominees will be selected. These applicants will be asked to provide additional information (written info, photos, video), which will be used to select the final three Award.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2020 (36 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link