Smart Africa is determined to face the COVID-19 pandemic in Africa through a coordinated response for the continent. In order to meet this crisis by its magnitude and its impact on society, the Smart Africa Secretariat seeks to support digital health services projects that aim at improving and accelerating the African governments’ response to the challenges of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This call for proposals invites companies with the capacity to tackle:
- Evaluate individual risks and guide decision-making;
- Help the African populations to find trial sites nearby;
- Provide reliable updates and alerts from public health authorities;
- Community state report;
- Monitoring and reporting of transmissions.
The selection of the startup or innovative SME solution(s) shall be done in two (2) phases.
- The first phase consists of short-listing the entity based on the relevance of the project to tackle the Coronavirus outbreak in the member countries of the Alliance, as per an
assessment of the concept note submitted and the reliability of the solution for a speedy scalability plan. The short-list will be presented to member States to gather their interest, requests and feedbacks in implementing the solution in their respective countries.
- The second phase consists of selecting one (1) to three (3) projects in the shortlist of pre-selected projects based on team experience and proven capacity to implement the project.
- Additionally to the available funds to the implementation of the winning project, Smart Africa will possibly be able to facilitate access to other funding and investment sources for short-listed projects.
Get funds to build your startup.
Open to all Africans.Eligible Regions: All Africa Nationals
Application Deadline: April 6, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link