During the COVID-19 pandemic, community members are disproportionately affected by the virus and by the measures to contain it, including seniors, people with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, women and girls, victims of domestic violence, sexual minorities, religion and/or ethnic minorities, and other people experiencing social or economic exclusion or inadequate access to basic services. In response to the coronavirus outbreak, UNESCO is supporting the youth-led and community-oriented projects that use sport to promote human rights-based and inclusive COVID-19 response and socio-economic recovery.
UNESCO Jakarta Office is inviting non-profit youth/sports organizations to submit a proposal that contains the following indicative actions (non-exhaustive list):
- training and setup of volunteer-led service networks for general assistance (i.e. disbursing food, medicine, etc.)
- medical advice and mental health support for vulnerable groups
- protection of women and girls
- use of sport to promote physical and mental health
- support communities and vulnerable groups ease back into their daily lives in a post-crisis context
Maximum funding for a proposal is USD 3,000.
- Organizations from the following countries are eligible to participate in this call: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Timor-Leste.
- While the call is targeting the members of Youth and Sport Task Force who have already demonstrated their capacities for using sport for positive social outcomes, UNESCO will accept and consider submissions from any non-profit youth/sports organization registered in these countries.
- The application form is available on the Apply Now link.
- Please submit the Application Form, following the format in the annexe, together with a cover letter addressed to Director of UNESCO Jakarta, no later than 25 July 2020 through Mr. Irakli Khodeli ([email protected](link sends e-mail)) with a copy to Ms. Clarissa Tanurahardja ([email protected](link sends e-mail)).
- Consultations on drafting a proposal will be provided based on demand.
Application Deadline: July 25, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link