The Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF) supports youth-led organizations that foster peaceful and inclusive societies by providing seed funding to outstanding projects promoting intercultural and interfaith dialogue. It awards grants (up to USD 25,000) for the implementation of selected projects that demonstrate innovative and effective approaches to intercultural or interfaith dialogue and advance the mission of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations. YSF only supports projects that are entirely developed and managed by youth for the benefit of youth.
Selected projects will receive seed funding (up to USD 25,000) for implementation of their project idea.
To be eligible, applying youth organizations need to fulfill each and every one of the following criteria:
- Be youth-led: a majority of the positions and decision-making roles within the organization are held by women and men between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Be a non-profit, non-governmental organization (with the exception of national youth councils) registered in the country of operation as a charity, trust, foundation or association;
- Be officially registered and operational for a minimum of 2 years at the time of the application with funding base and project implementation (e.g. registered in January 2016 or earlier);
- Be registered and operate in one of the eligible countries (Check the official website)
- Have a democratic governance structure and decision making mechanism, including consultative processes in formulating priorities and policies;
- Have an ability to demonstrate proper and consistent monitoring, evaluation and record-keeping of their activities, including project evaluation reports and financial accounts;
- Have a gender perspective/balance reflected in their staff, beneficiaries and activities;
- Have no adherence to or affiliations with violent ideologies or antagonism against any particular country, culture, religion or belief system, ethnic group, gender, etc.; and
- Did not receive funding under past editions of YSF or did not receive the Intercultural Innovation Award.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link