American Association of University Women(AAUW) Research Publication Grant in Engineering, Medicine, and Science is intended to fund women undertaking research for projects that will build up to a scholarly scientific publication.
AAUW intends the grant will improve the gender balance in engineering, medicine, and science. To overcome gender bias in these lucrative fields, AAUW is providing funding for women scholars to strengthen their publication records in preparation for obtaining tenure and other promotions.
- $10,000-$35,000 (Payment of the final 10% of the funds will be will be contingent upon publication of research results within six months of the end of the grant year)
- Strengthen publication record
- Helpful preparation for obtaining tenure and other promotions
- Not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are NOT eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards. AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process.
- Grants are open to women scholars conducting basic research in engineering, medicine, or physical or biological sciences. AAUW follows the National Science Foundation’s definition of basic research: “activity aimed at acquiring new knowledge or understanding without specific immediate commercial application or use.”
- The grantee must plan to publish this research in a scholarly scientific publication within six months of the end of the grant year and be listed as the sole author, senior author, first author, or an author of equivalent significance.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree in engineering, medicine, or the physical or biological sciences.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- The grants are for tenure-track, part-time, and temporary faculty, as well as new and established researchers at universities.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
If you are unsure whether you are qualified to apply, email [email protected] for assistance.Eligible Regions: United States
Log in at the application link provided to apply.
- Read and follow all guidelines.
Many proposals are disqualified each year because applicants omit a key step in the guidelines or ignore instructions. If you are unsure whether you are qualified to apply, email [email protected] for assistance.
- Proofread all work thoroughly.
Proposals that are unclear or contain numerous mistakes distract the reviewer from focusing on the content and reflect poorly on your ability to produce a high-quality product. Check to be sure that sentences are complete, clear, and grammatically correct.
- Have someone else read the completed proposal.
An objective reader can often identify areas that need more explanation and may find errors you have overlooked.
- Be concise.
Reviewers must read dozens of proposals. Proposals that are clear and concise are more compelling
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link