VC4A Venture Showcase Seed is the sister program of the annual VC4A Venture Showcase Series A. As part of the program, companies get visibility with 200+ investors part of the curated VC4A investor network and interviews with the leading VC funds as part of the vetting process. The finalists receive mentorship and technical advice directly from the angel investors and VC fund managers and make a center-stage appearance at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit.
In 2017-2020, they selected 80 scale-ups from across the continent as part of 5 showcase programs, resulting in a number of Series A deals totaling over $150M. Building on this success, the ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A’ is now a central component of our efforts to support investors connecting with high-quality deal flow. This is an exclusive opportunity to introduce your company at once to everyone who’s anyone in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
They are looking for innovative, seed-stage startups to showcase to the global network of Africa-focused investors. Are you operating in Africa, have a highly scalable solution already in the market and showing traction, and looking to raise your seed round in the range of $250K and $1,5M? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
- Being recognized as 2021 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 200+ early-stage investor organizations
- Professionally edited 3-minute virtual pitch featured at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit (November 4-5, 2021)
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Mentorship and technical support by partner VC investors
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort AWS credits ranging from $5,000 to $10,000, tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to partner events and fundraising opportunities
- The company is for-profit, registered as an independent legal entity with less than 3 years in operation.
- The company has a product or service already available on the market and serving its first customers.
- The product or service is clearly innovative and/or the business model is new and disruptive.
- The business model scalability is visible through a growing number of customers or transactions, your pipeline shows future contracts and potential sales.
- Must have a good estimate of the addressable market > 1M+ people/year with potential plans to expand across borders.
- Must have a strong management team of at least 2 people.
- The team is based in one or more countries on the African continent.
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality.
- Must be seeking Seed/pre-Series A investment in the range of $250K to $1,5M*.
- While there will be exceptions, your company has received investment above 25K USD from “Founder, Family, Friends & Fans” but not exceeding 1M+ USD.
- Founder(s) who previously started a successful company is a plus.
- Follow the Apply Now link for the application form.
- Please follow the official link for further details.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link