As part of the 2019 2019 Habitat Young Leaders Build Advocacy Grant’s campaign, Habitat for Humanity is inviting eligible youth organizations and individuals to apply for grants of up to US$1,000 as financial support towards advocacy activities.
Be a leader in one of the largest regional volunteering campaigns and raise awareness about the power of youth in advocating for decent housing for all!
The Habitat for Humanity Young Leaders Build 2019 campaign brings together young people from across the Asia-Pacific region to support families in need of decent housing. Young people volunteer, fundraise and speak out for the need for decent and affordable housing as a way out of poverty and toward self-reliance.
As part of the 2019 campaign, Habitat for Humanity is inviting eligible youth organizations and individuals to apply for grants of up to US$1,000 as financial support towards advocacy activities.
- Youth organizations, groups and individuals in Asia-Pacific (where Habitat for Humanity has offices) are eligible to receive grants.
- Habitat for Humanity’s national organizations can also encourage and facilitate the participation of potential applicants.
- Interested applicants must completely fill out the application form for HYLB advocacy grants with details of proposed project/activity. The application form can be downloaded from the HYLB official website.
- Submit the completed application form to [email protected]. When sending the application email, please indicate on the Subject field: “Advocacy Grant 2019 – [project name]” to facilitate monitoring and receipt of application.
- A Habitat for Humanity representative in your country might contact you/your organization if further clarification on any part of the proposal. Details of where Habitat for Humanity operates in Asia-Pacific can be found at habitat.org/where-webuild/asia-pacific.
- Applications will be received and accepted on a rolling basis until funds are expended. The deadline for receiving the first batch of applications is 5 December 2018.
- The final decisions on the grants will be made by a review committee at Habitat for Humanity’s Asia-Pacific Area Office.
- Successful applicants will be notified through the Habitat for Humanity office in their country. Awardees are expected to complete their activities within the HYLB 2019 campaign period (by 31 May 2019). However, should there be justification to go beyond this period, activities may be extended. Upon completion of their advocacy activities, grant recipients will have to submit a post-activity report, whose template will be provided by Habitat for Humanity.
- See the complete mechanics at the official website.
Application Deadline: December 5, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link