The 4-day Global Citizens Challenge is an online, dynamic program for youth designed to bridge cultural divides, increase engagement with the travel and tourism industry, and provide young people with a transformative, hands-on, and collaborative way to meet and work with peers from around the world.
“Your Big Year” started 14 years ago with the idea that no matter who you are or where you are from in the world, every young person deserves the opportunity to explore the world and learn more about themselves. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of everything they do, and they’re actively seeking out backgrounds and perspectives that range from the manifold of experiences that relate to what it means to be human. They sincerely encourage you to apply without regard to ancestry, color, physical or mental disability, place of origin, race, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation. They look forward to learning more about your unique identity and cultural heritage – what makes you, you!
The Global Citizens Challenge (“Program”) is managed by Your Big Year, an International Connector LLC program (“Manager”). Your participation in Your Big Year is subject to some terms and conditions.
The Global Citizens Challenge chosen Participants will participate in a 4-day virtual study, provided for by their official partners.
Applicants acknowledge that the Manager or their Your Big Year partners and sponsors are not responsible for any fees the Participant may incur in addition to the advertised opportunity. Any additional fees are the sole responsibility of the participant and guest.
Names of Your Big Year applicants and selected participants may be promoted through an extensive media campaign, posted on the Your Big Year website and the partner websites, and may be posted or printed in any of Manager’s social media pages or publications, either print or digital.
- The confidence to pursue your dreams.
- New like-minded, passionate friends that will support your goals.
- The skills not taught to you in school (for example: how to network, expand your horizons, and build relationships across cultures).
- An action plan that will empower you to start planning out your next project or career step.
- Between the ages of 15 years old-20 years old.
- Have parent approval for 15-17-year-old applicants as confirmed by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You value the power of travel (even if you haven’t had the opportunity to travel yet).
- You are passionate about making a change.
- You are eager to learn about different cultures directly from peers with different backgrounds.
- You want to work with like-minded people.
- You wish to grow as a young professional in an online experience.
- You wish to grow personally through this opportunity, including understanding yourself and your passions.
- You want to make an impact in your life and in your world.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- To enter, visit https://yourbigyear.com/global-citizens-challenge-new-members if you are new to Your Big Year OR https://yourbigyear.com/youth-application-yby-members if you are or have been a part of the Your Big Year program; simply fill in the application form and confirm your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
- More information will be sent to valid email addresses and will be provided across Your Big Year social media channels regarding the application process, which will include confirmation of identity and address.
Application Deadline: January 29, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link