Call for photographs for the 2023 FIBA Photo Contest!
On December 21, the FIBA Foundation launched the 7th FIBA Photo Contest in honour of the UN declaring that day as “World Basketball Day”!
In order to recognise the sport’s ability to cut across boundaries, cultures, talents, and languages, the theme will be “Basketball For Good.” It acts as a teaching tool and a communal playground where individuals from all backgrounds can congregate, connect, and engage with one another. By fostering relationships, advancing moral principles, tearing down barriers, and fostering overall wellbeing, it promotes peace and wellbeing.
Tell the world about your love for basketball and how you think Basketball For Good can help improve the world.
The FIBA Foundation, whose mission is to protect and promote FIBA ideals and its cultural legacy, has chosen to hold the FIBA picture contest in order to realise its aspirations in both sports and culture. All enthusiastic basketball fans and photographers will have a one-of-a-kind chance to showcase their skills in the Contest. As a contestant, you must submit your three (3) best images that relate to the FIBA Foundation’s selected topics to the organisation. The theme “Basketball For Good” has been selected for the 2023 competition. The uploaded images must depict this theme and its connection to basketball in a digital manner.
All photos submitted must be original works of art taken by the contestant. They can’t be offered under someone else’s name. Images have to relate to the themes that the FIBA Foundation has selected. Regardless of the theme, each participant may submit a maximum of three (3) images. Once a participant submits at least one picture, they will be considered to have officially entered the contest. Illustrations, drawings, and photos created with assistance from computers are not allowed. The only adjustments allowed are the removal of noise and the adjustment of specific parameters (saturation, contrast, sharpness, colour temperature, and white balance and colour balance). A jury will select the forty (40) best photographs to be exhibited at the House of Basketball, the world headquarters.
- 1st Prize: Photographic equipment worth 1.500 CHF + travel & accommodation to be the Official Photographer of FIBA Open 2024, biggest grassroots 3×3 tournament organized in Switzerland & Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2023.
- 2nd Prize: Photographic equipment worth 1.500 CHF & Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2023.
- 3rd Prize: Photographic equipment worth 1.000 CHF & Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2023.
- Popular vote: Photographic equipment worth 1.000 CHF & Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2023.
- The Contest is open to everyone regardless of age, nationality and country of residence. Participants under 18 years of age are responsible for ensuring that their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country. Minors are deemed to have received their parents’ or legal guardian’s prior approval for their participation in this Contest. The approval must be joined to the registration.
- Collaborators of the FIBA Foundation and of FIBA are excluded from participation in the Contest.
- Visit the Apply link by clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button.
- Complete the form as instructed and submit your photo.
Mandatory elements for the pictures:
- Format: JPEG/JPG format.
- Minimum size: 4MB
- Maximum size: 20MB
- Minimum number of pixels: 5 million
- Description (date, place and small description)
- No text or description on the photo
Application Deadline: February 21, 2024Application ClosedOfficial link