Call for SME Week Youth Essay Competition 2020 is now open. Write an essay of no more than 2,500 words under the heading: “What do SMEs need to become sustainable and resilient, in the context of COVID-19 and other global challenges? How can EU policy best aid entrepreneurs?” and you could be in with a chance of getting your voice heard on one of Europe’s most pressing economic questions.
The youth essay competition is part of European SME Week, an annual pan-European campaign to promote entrepreneurship in Europe. The flagship events of the Week are the SME Assembly and the European Enterprise Promotion Awards Ceremony.
- An all-expenses-paid trip to the SME Assembly in Berlin, Germany for the three finalists, to present their essays to 500+ Assembly delegates
- Presentation training before delivering essay live on stage at the SME Assembly 2020
- Promotion of essays across our communication channels
The competition is open to all 18 to 25-year-olds from European Member States or COSME partners countriesEligible Regions: EU Nations.
Submit your essay through the given website.
- Essays must not exceed 2,500 words in length.
- All essays must be in English.
- Only one entry per applicant.
- The deadline for submissions is 18 September 2020
- The three finalists will be announced in October ahead of SME Week and will compete at a grand finale in Berlin as part of the SME Assembly, where they will present their essays
- The final winner will be chosen via a public vote
Application Deadline: September 18, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link