tvebiomovies is a film competition open to anyone who enjoys making short movies and who wants to find out more about the environment as well as inspire other. All you need is a video camera or a smart phone – and your imagination. Your film could be funny or serious, an animation, a drama or a mini-documentary.
The first step is to send us your idea by 30 August 2017. You need to choose from two categories and send a short proposal.
The judging panel will select the three best proposals from each category. Each entrant who is selected receives US$300 to make their film.
The completed films will be uploaded to the tvebiomovies YouTube channel and let the public will decide which are the best films. The winners in each category are the films with the most views. There is a top-prize of US$1500 for the winner in each category.
This year the categories are:
- Invasive Alien Species – the problems caused when plants, animals, and microbes are introduced into an ecosystem where they don’t occur naturally.
- People and Protected Areas – when we protect nature with national parks, nature reserves, and wilderness areas, these ‘Protected Areas’ in turn provide people and society with many important benefits.
- tvebiomovies is an opportunity to be creative, to find out a little more about environmental issues and solutions and to inspire others to get involved.
- A chance to receive $300 to make your film. For the top three entrants in each category, whose film ideas are judged to be the most creative, original, inspiring and which best address either of the two category themes, we will give a bursary of $300.
- A chance to win the top prize of $1500. The best film in each category, as determined by the number of views on the tvebiomovies YouTube channel, will each receive the top prize.
- The short film competition is open to any person of any age, in any country. The purpose of the competition is for people worldwide to create a one-minute film about the environment and sustainability.
- The proposals and the final films must address the issues outlined in one of the categories.
- Invasive alien species
- People and protected area systems and parks
- Only proposals uploaded through the biomovies.tve.org website will be considered. Proposals must be submitted by 23.00 GMT on 30 August 2017.
- Entries can come from individuals or groups. Group entries must have a named group leader, whose details should be submitted on the entry form.
- Entries should be submitted in English, French, German, Russian or Spanish.
- Selected filmmakers will be contacted by 10 September 2017.
- US$300 will be paid to each selected filmmaker after successful delivery of their completed film.
Eligible Regions: Global
Apply through the given website.
- Choose one of our categories and think how you might make a one-minute film.
- Send a short written proposal about your film idea using the online form by 30 Aug.
- Once we have received all the entries a judging panel will select the best three proposals in each category and a funding of US$300 will be provided to help you make your film. Funding will only be awarded on delivery of the film.
- The deadline for the delivery of the final films is 25 October.
- The films will be uploaded to tve‘s Inspiring Change YouTube channel.
- The winner in each category – the film which receives the most views by the end of 15 December –will receive US$1500.
- Remember, you have until 11 pm GMT on 30 August to submit your proposal online.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link