Comic Relief is seeking applications from care home providers for its Care Home Challenge Fund to deliver activities to improve the wellbeing of residents, and help staff and residents forge stronger relationships.
- Comic Relief expects to make 20 grants of between £10,000-£20,000 to care home providers from across the UK.
- Grants will last for between 18-24 months including time for planning, partnership building, and delivery.
- Applicants must be UK-based care home providers, registered with the Care Quality Commission, Care Inspectorate (Scotland), Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales or the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (NI).
- Charity and non-charity care home providers may apply. For applicants that are non-charities, Comic Relief will carry out an appropriate level of risk assessment to ensure that (among other things) any grant will further their charitable purposes and will only be used for the charitable activities described in applicant’s proposal. Any grant made will be subject to satisfactory completion of that risk assessment.
- In order to target the fund where Comic Relief can make the most difference, Comic Relief will ask applicants to give their current inspection rating relating to person-centered care and wellbeing and to explain how the funding requested will enable them to improve provision in this area.
- Care home providers whose homes benefitted from funding in the first round of the Care Home Challenge Fund may apply for this second round, but only for work based in different homes. Individual homes which were supported through Round One funding may not benefit again in Round Two.
- Activity providers that were involved in projects funded in Round One may apply in round two as a partner. The application must be led by a care home provider.
- Successful applicants will be expected to participate fully in an evaluation of the fund.
Apply online through given website.
Application Deadline: August 4, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link