The Character Education Week Initiative promotes character education among all PreK-12 schools as they work together to prepare students for the demands and challenges of the 21st century. School of Science and Technology and its partners are all part of this initiative because we believe that a child’s character development is of the utmost importance.
The Character Education Week Initiative encompasses universal core ethical values essential to a healthy society such as citizenship, respect, accountability, dedication, responsibility, caring, honesty, kindness, leadership, integrity, etc. Former U.S. Department of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and Texas Governor Greg Abbott invite you to join all of them in recognizing the critical importance the character education plays in the lives of students.
They run worldwide ‘Color the World with Character’ PreK-12 Poster Drive. The winners will participate in the ‘STARS in the CHARACTER SKY’ Event to learn more from the noble people around the world, and to share their insights with the audience.
- All participants will receive a ‘Congratulations Certificate’ from The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
- All participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Recognition ’ from the University of Houston.
- All teachers will receive a prestigious ‘Certificate of Appreciation ’ from character.org.
- All participants’ names will be posted on the World famous website of www.TheCharacterWeek.com per their opt-in/out.
- Some posters will be displayed in the Gallery Section of www.TheCharacterWeek.com based on the poster’s aesthetic proficiency, alignment with the character-building theme, and students’ emotional response concerning the character-building theme after March 30, 2021.
- The students, whose posters will be displayed on the Gallery Section of www.TheCharacterWeek.com, will be invited to share their reflections, feelings, experiences, and gratitude related to this Poster Drive at the “Stars in the Character Sky” Fundraising Event on March 30, 2021. All the profits of the event will be donated to support UNICEF’s education programs worldwide. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
- All participants’ entries will be promoted on @TheCharacterDay social media.
- All PreK-12 students, including homeschoolers around the world can enter the poster drive.
- Participation is free of charge.
The Character Education Week Poster Drive is divided into two categories by submission type.
- Traditional Poster Category (PreK-12)
- Digital Poster Category (6-12)
- Traditional Poster Category Divisions:
The traditional Poster Category is divided into five divisions by grades.
- 9 – 12
- Digital Poster Category Divisions:
It is divided into two divisions by grade.
- 6 – 8
- 9 – 12
- Students are expected to submit their original artworks that contain at least one of the following character traits/concepts or one of their choosing;
- Caring, Integrity, Responsibility, Citizenship, and Leadership.
NOTE: Students may submit on a poster related to other character traits not listed above.
- Only one poster entry per student will be accepted. The submission deadline is Feb 7, 2022.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2022 (68 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link