Cisco is committed to positively impacting 1 billion people by 2025. As part of their work, they seek to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive – but thrive – in their increasingly digital economy. With digital technologies connecting devices and data, good ideas now have the ability to make a difference more quickly than ever before – and we’re here to help.
Their 6th annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from early-stage entrepreneurs around the world.
$1,000,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- $250,000 USD Grand Prize – A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD Regional First Runners-Up – Three teams from Americas, EMEAR and APJC will be designated the regional first runners-up and will receive $75,000 USD each.
- $50,000 USD Second Runners-Up – Three teams will be designated the second runners-up and will receive $50,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s Choice – The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- $15,000 USD Cisco Employees’ Choice – The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the Cisco Employees’ Choice Award.
- $100,000 USD Climate Impact & Regeneration Prize – A single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
- $50,000 USD Climate Impact & Regeneration Prize Runners-Up – Four teams will be designated as the winners of this prize.
- $50,000 USD HBCU Startup Prize – A single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
This Contest is open and offered only to
- Individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Individual Participant”)
- Teams of up to five individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Team Participant”)
- Legal business entities (“Business Entity Participant”)
Note: Individual Participants, Team Participants, and/or Business Entity Participants that have previously received monetary awards in the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge or a Cisco prize at the Rice Business Plan Competition are not eligible for this Contest.Eligible Regions: Open for All except permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada; Iran; Cuba; Syria; North Korea; Myanmar
- First, register as an individual, as part of a team, or as a business entity to participate. Teams may have a maximum of 5 members.
- For round one, you will need to complete an online questionnaire within February 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST.
- For round two, semi-finalists will need to submit a more detailed proposal within May 20, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST.
- Finalists will need to share their participation in the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2022 with their supporters and invite them to vote for their favorite entries. Voting for the People’s Choice Award takes place from July 5 – 29, 2022.
- Application Language: English
- Apply online using the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: February 11, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link